V100 early adopters among us Guzzisti (and not)?

p6x

I am willing to purchase a Moto Guzzi V100 as soon as available where I live;  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I am willing to purchase the V100 as soon as available:

• Yes. Unconditionally.
    • No.
    • I may become interested later.

What I find strange is that if you asked a room full of Guzzi enthusists what they would like in a new Guzzi it would be more power, more range, better brakes, shorter wheel base etc and yet when it's delivered it gets compared, again, to what it's not.

It's the latest evolution of a species and not meant to be a top predator.

As to a cross the frame V twin having to use a shaft drive, there is no reason why the bevel box could not be redesigned onto the back of the gearbox and using a chain or belt final drive instead.

In other words the engine layout doesn't exist because of the shaft drive.

Chris.

I had expected similar or better performance as the 8V engines but with less weight.

I have not found any details on the weight yet. On a testride on a V85TT I really appreciated its "low" weight.

I do not understand Paiggio Marketing ... they create a lot of nice (expensive) lifestyle videos but without any specs at all.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 5:40 PM, docc said:

> efficient < - > [Italian] < - > industrialization <

That would be something to see. I suppose they really accomplished this far better on the V85TT than the V11 Sport, so "maybe?" . . .

Now that we know these two V100 Mandello are "prototypes", and not even pre-series bikes, they have not even worked out a price point, it feels like they are "half" ready.

The summer 2022 availability feels like wishful thinking; I hope that I am wrong.

Nevertheless, I am expecting the price range to be above the 20K mark for the model with all the bells and whistles.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, biesel said:

Yes, but weight? ....

Indeed!  That’s the key.  This looks close to the MV Tourismo Veloce 800 triple in styling, as well as power and torque terms.

The final numbers for me will be weight and price.  The MV is around 176kg (under 400 lbs) dry….. and let me tell you my brother’s goes like a scalded cat.

I didn’t answer the survey as the range of options is inadequate.

It would be cool if they had a Euro delivery plan.  Pick up the bike at the factory, go on a week long ride, get first service, finish at the 101 Guzzi celebration, and ship the bike home.   

The entire package would be worth $20k.  :P

Have a feeling, what  one of the dealers said,,, probably production next sept  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

If for no other reason, a V11 is comfortable because it is a known quantity. Delays and murky show models smack of engineering or production snafus. "IF" I was interested, I do believe I would wait until the second production year, if only for the parts pipeline and dealer servicing training.

115hp, 1042cc, 77 foot pounds of torque, engine 4" shorter than the latest small block etc.

My 8V Griso is 110 HP, 1151 cc, 80 foot pounds of torque at 6400 rpm. Yes I know the old Guzzi big block even in 8V form supposedly couldn’t be made Euro 4 / 5 compliant, and I can clearly see the new engine architecture that now includes a wet clutch does shorten the power train, but at the moment I couldn’t find a reason to change my Griso for a V100. I can’t see how the V100 would improve the riding experience compared to my Griso, whose 8v engine design dates back to its launch in 2007

this isn’t meant as criticism of the new liquid cooled V twin, because there must be masses of future development potential, it’s just if this is its spec as launched I won’t be rushing out to purchase one. 

As I’ve often stated, the Griso 8V with decent mapping is a very good ride indeed…..

• Like 1

V100 wheelbase 58.5 inches

V11 red frame wheelbase 57.9 inches, black frame 58.7 inches 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

V100 wheelbase 58.5 inches

V11 red frame wheelbase 57.9 inches, black frame 58.7 inches 

And the published "dry weight" of the RedFrame Sport: 219 kg/ ~482 pounds.

Actual rolling weight? More like 245-250 kg / 545-550 pounds.  (half tank of fuel and panniers with "necessaries", yet lightened 33 kg/15pounds with cf exhaust cans and fuel vapor recovery mod)

IMG_0452.jpg

• Like 1

Surely the Ohlins equipped V10 [V100] would be light years ahead of Griso suspension?

Part of the problem with the comparison of Griso vs V100 is that most happy Griso owners have modified bikes, windage plates, Matris suspension, as mentioned mapping, rollerisation, CARC recalls,start issues and different exhausts.

Hopefully the V100 has learnt from the past and is problem free not needing any recalls.

Chris.

25 minutes ago, Chris Wilson said:

Surely the Ohlins equipped V100 would be light years ahead of Griso suspension?

Part of the problem with the comparison of Griso vs V100 is that most happy Griso owners have modified bikes, windage plates, Matris suspension, as mentioned mapping, rollerisation, CARC recalls,start issues and different exhausts.

Hopefully the V100 has learnt from the past and is problem free not needing any recalls.

Chris.

[I edited this post to read "V100" instead of "V10".]

I cannot imagine that anything coming out of Mandello, even named "Mandello", will be "problem free not needing any recalls."

Stand by for a dedicated dose of "owner involvement" and rider commitment. Even my Hondas have not been entirely without that for any long-term ownership.

I would expect all of the same discoveries as the Griso, much as we V11 owners have found, for this new Guzzi platform. Beta testing?

Oh, that and more, yes? :nerd:  :luigi:   :race:   :bier:

• Like 1