And what is Nth America? Are there iterative versions of countries now?

To a degree, yes there are.

And what is Nth America? Are there iterative versions of countries now?

To a degree, yes there are.

And at this time in America, we have diametrically opposed political forces competing to create the next iteration. Each side seems to exaggerate their claims to the nth degree.  Ooops, veering toward politics... no time for that on this forum...

It is true that there are iterative versions of countries. My neighbor was born in Persia, but when he goes back to his home town, he goes to Iran.

And a political joke about iterations of a city:

After WWII a person was interviewed:

Q: Where were you born?

A: St. Petersburg

Q: And where were you educated?

A: Leningrad

Q: And were did you most recently live?

A: Stalingrad

Q: And to what city would you like to return?

A: St. Petersburg

It's funny, because all the cities are named after leaders, but St. Petersburg was renamed Leningrad - and the person expressed a wish to go back in time by returning to St. Petersburg.

I wonder should the joke be, Petrograd and then Leningrad (and then back to St Petersburg)?

Those all being the same city, now again called St Petersburg. Then the joke makes sense.
Sadly I missed out on going to St Petersburg once, waiting for a friend to get his passport sorted. 

It's TIME to analyze a joke. 

If geography is your point of reference then Petrograd is funnier.

If political leadership is your point of reference, and the protagonist is under Stalin's rule at the time of the story, then Stalingrad is funnier.

If you're telling this joke in America, then it is not funny at all, because St. Petersburg is in Florida and Americans are notoriously bad at geography - heck, most of us have never even left the country.

• Like 1

This time the migration will match the Vietnam era if 1 of the current crop of sillies gets into the drivers seat.

Last time the lesson was how to grow good grass, may the next lesson be so timely.

Heck, our chosen silly even has the same surname!

This forum is running for about two years now and this is by far the stupidest thread I've seen. Love it. biggrin.gif

A Timely Reminder.

Scud, 19:39 on the 24 hour clock.

On the 3rd day of the trip my riding buddy clipped a car on a blind corner and ended up draped over a crash barrier having slammed into several posts, 7 Broken ribs and a few other bones resulted in a hellicopter ride to hospital, he gets to stay in NZ for several more weeks, still beats the alternative.

I have clocked up about 4k on the old brick between visiting Fanau and back to hospital.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Roy - I knew it was the 24 hour clock; I was just goofing around in this silliest of threads.

On a serious note, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. Was your buddy only accustomed to riding on the RH side of the road? I nearly caused an accident in a rental car in NZ when I accidentally pulled into traffic - I went on auto-pilot and turned how I would have in the US. Good reactions by others saved me - but the memory of that is a bit of a deterrent for me to ride there. Touring NZ on a motorcycle is kind of a bucket-list thing for me - but I don't want it to be the last check-mark on the bucket list, if you know what I mean. Fortunately, it sounds like your buddy is going to come through.

Glad the brick is working out for you. Looking forward to some pics at a time of your convenience.