IGNORED

Rubber Intake Boots

LowRyter

Any truth to the rumors that these are hard to find?  I checked on a couple of sites and saw the original part number was superseded a couple of times but the replacements seem to be available for o/s delivery although not on hand.  

I ordered some from Harper's five weeks ago and still waiting. Yet, that may be down to their system issues and backorders that "reportedly" are seeing improvement.

Time for our resourceful membership to create a substitute part? A length of hi-zoot silcone  turbo-charger hose?

• Like 1

Have never gotten any good service from Harpers, on 3 occasions requested parts for 3 different items, Curtis said he had or would send upon receipt.  never rec'd any further response.  I use MG cycle as a primary source, then go to Stein Denise.  You could also try Jim Hamlin Cycles in CN.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

Getting the throttle bodies loosened is the hardest part. I'm afraid of breaking the mounts. Hence I have new ones but have procrastinated this procedure. 

Dunking them in boiling water, and using a smear of oil makes things easier. 

I think there is an order of left or right first that works best too.

13 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Have never gotten any good service from Harpers, on 3 occasions requested parts for 3 different items, Curtis said he had or would send upon receipt.  never rec'd any further response.  I use MG cycle as a primary source, then go to Stein Denise.  You could also try Jim Hamlin Cycles in CN.  

Harpers is my vender of last choice. That's all I'm going to say about that.

• Like 1