If you were in the market to purchase a new modern retro classic bike, which would it be?

If any of you were interested by the 120th anniversary of the Royal Enfield bike, the registration are opened to try to get one on December 7th.

Register at: www.RoyalEnfield.com/120thEdition

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

You don't know the cost yet. "Not bloody bad" can quickly become, "bloody hell how much did you say":lol:

The engines alone are around $35-40,000 from memory.

Ciao 

Ha ha 

I didn't think it would be cheap, but thats way outa my league...!!

Cheers

9 hours ago, Chris Wilson said:

The complete Alchemy is quoted at $25000 AU, what is a V100 worth?

A complete Alchemy what? Roll out the door ready to ride bike without a donor bike/engine to start with? Not in a million years. I've known people that have used his services from 35 years ago. and up to the present day. The parts alone for a complete bevel engine rebuild/renewal for what I know you would almost definitely need is around $9650 off their site and if I had an old bevel and sent it to Brook for a complete rebuild I'd be expecting the cost to be twice that. I actually know someone that had him rebuild/restore a GT about a year ago but he wouldn't disclose what it had cost him. Even he didn't want to reflect on the cost. In truth if you wanted a completely new engine ground up crankcases etc I reckon I'd be close to the mark with my original estimate. 

Then you've got the all the cycle parts and frame and labour. You need to compare apples to apples. I mean a set of PVM front and rear wheels alone for a V11 is $4000 landed here new. 

Ciao

Your right, what I saw was 2 second hand complete Alchemy bikes for sale and no idea as to what level of spec they were at.

Even so, highly desirable, and yes, I could afford it if I truly wanted to.

Check out their Facebook page and drool.

What is it with far flung Western Australia? Thunderbikes and Vee Two are both over there and the local market must be incredibly small for such niche businesses.

Hats off to the both of them.

Chris.

12 minutes ago, Chris Wilson said:

Your right, what I saw was 2 second hand complete Alchemy bikes for sale and no idea as to what level of spec they were at.

Even so, highly desirable, and yes, I could afford it if I truly wanted to.

Check out their Facebook page and drool.

What is it with far flung Western Australia? Thunderbikes and Vee Two are both over there and the local market must be incredibly small for such niche businesses.

Hats off to the both of them.

Chris.

If you'd ever spent any time over there you'd know.:lol:

Ciao 

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Chris Wilson said:

https://drivetribe.com/p/jay-leno-meets-the-vee-two-ducati-NwKBZOBESQW3lCNQ9PuL9g

I have yet to meet a rider who doesn't want to try this.

Chris.

This video is a hoot to watch. Hilarious Aussie take (oh, I'll hear about that...) on Italian engineering and craftsmanship. Was laughing out loud. Even though Jay confused the bevel drive with the Desmo system.

• 1 month later...

Either a Triumph Scrambler 1200, or Thruxton R. The Thruxton’s riding position is somewhat sporty in a cafe racer way, and may be a bit extreme for me now, but I’m going to ride them both to decide. Had many Triumphs over the years, so getting another Trumpet would be a welcome return. One of the best “all rounders” I’ve owned was a 1050 Tiger Sport, only really sold it because I didn’t have enough time to tour, and I fancied another V11 :D

34D65371-4746-4272-971A-2BEF02F9AA98.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@rosso corsa

If I am not mistaken, the new EUx normes don't apply to previous generations bike. In theory you could purchase and ride one. Unless of course you live in one of these new "zoned" cities where you can't use an older vehicle that is not compliant.

I think only the Germans have exemptions for 30 years old vehicles at this point. Anything in between, no luck!