BSA is back! more rejuvanated old stuff to spend money on!

Such great questions. Is the motorcycle market finding a new niche? The new, young rider who is not a "Harley Person" or a "Moto Guzzi Person", but a fresh segment rediscovering the joy of simple riding?

Are these the people who have been buying the V7 and V9? That line looks to be successful and has brought new blood to the Guzzi marque.

The country roads where I live are wonderful for these simple, approachable bikes. That they have such unabashed style and curb appeal easily draws a crowd at the country store gatherings that are in striking distance.

Personally, I love the concept and hope they all succeed!

I hope they do, quickly, because time is running away.

Europe is "thinking" to prohibits all internal combustion engines starting from 2035. It will be a ramp down, of course, but the end of vehicles as we have known them is no longer set to an undefined "later" time.

We are slowly seeing tomorrow taking shape.

20 hours ago, p6x said:

If you go to the Royal Enfield website, they have a link "Become a Dealer"; the questionnaire is relatively straight forward.

Nothing would prevent Mahindra to do the same; but as per my answer to Docc's, after listening to more Gold Star reviews, I think this bike is more of a city dweller than anything. Who are the customers for such a bike?

We can take away the HD riders; that leaves the crotch rocket riders, who are not going to even look at a BSA.

While we were aging (and perhaps not looking) all sorts of beard-growing and other hipsters and metro-types have taken a liking to such urban -retro bikes.

I mean Honda catalogs the Grom as a sport bike! Nothing else surprises me.

5 hours ago, p6x said:

Not convinced about the Gold Star?

Listen to the expert...

Is anybody actually in touch with reality these days? Even old duffers are under the spell of marketing spin it seems. Am I the only person that looks at a video like this and thinks "for goodness sake you haven't even ridden one yet" How can anyone get so excited and rave about something when they haven't even thrown a leg over one? It's a big leap from the bike show stand to the production reality and everyday reliability and usability. 

As for a 90hp 650 single, well not saying it's impossible, but would it be rideable? 

Ciao 

46 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

A big torquey single with zero aerodynamics may not even need 90hp. I can get behind farting around on both city and back roads, and maybe tucking down for " the ton", but we'll have to wait and see. It may just be for posers and perfume commercials....

Tell me the V100 Mandello will live beyond the flighty promo videos and "perfume commercials" . . .

3Coco_Chanel_MOTORESSrealdbnr2.jpg

• Haha 1
On 12/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Is anybody actually in touch with reality these days? Even old duffers are under the spell of marketing spin it seems. Am I the only person that looks at a video like this and thinks "for goodness sake you haven't even ridden one yet" How can anyone get so excited and rave about something when they haven't even thrown a leg over one? It's a big leap from the bike show stand to the production reality and everyday reliability and usability. 

As for a 90hp 650 single, well not saying it's impossible, but would it be rideable? 

Ciao 

I doubt anyone member of this forum watching a YT video would take this old chap at face value. He is trying to purchase butter to put in his spinach.

Feast your eyes on that lot herewith..... it is a pity that those events seem to only happen in England. Are there any of these in the USA?

I just caught wind of this yesterday. Owned by Mahindra, designed in the UK, engine engineered in Austria (likely Rotax), and built in India. 45bhp(likely 35-37hp) single cylinder with a top speed of 105mph (my bet 95mph.). 

Weighs like 450lbs so it's likely 90% steel and highly overengineered to be super reliable. Then they're pricing it right on par with the Enfield Interceptor. 

I may get one.. I love road going thumpers.. 

• Like 1

They are building a manufacturing facility in West Midlands, UK. DOHC, liquid cooled, 4 valve w/F.I. I think it will be a very pleasing thumper. They hint that there is more in the engine, so a clubman version might be in the works. Now that would be very cool.

12 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

I just caught wind of this yesterday. Owned by Mahindra, designed in the UK, engine engineered in Austria (likely Rotax), and built in India. 45bhp(likely 35-37hp) single cylinder with a top speed of 105mph (my bet 95mph.). 

Weighs like 450lbs so it's likely 90% steel and highly overengineered to be super reliable. Then they're pricing it right on par with the Enfield Interceptor. 

I may get one.. I love road going thumpers.. 

Here's the details about the engine.... Rotax indeed, and that's the engine they designed for the BMW F 650.

The engine has been inbuilt collaboration with Austrian firm BRP-Rotax and the Technical University of Graz, which has helped tweak the engine to satisfy the most recent emission requirements. Rotax is greatest identified for the 652 cc single-cylinder engine used within the BMW F 650 bike, which was once offered because the BMW F 650 Funduro, and launched by Hero Motors within the late Nineteen Nineties.

As issues stand as we speak, the brand new BSA bikes can be offered first within the UK, then Europe after which the US, the place BSA has robust model fairness.

• Like 1
On 12/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, docc said:

Tell me the V100 Mandello will live beyond the flighty promo videos and "perfume commercials" . . .

3Coco_Chanel_MOTORESSrealdbnr2.jpg

I like that commercial..... the surroundings and even the perfume!

• Haha 1