BSA is back! more rejuvanated old stuff to spend money on!

18 minutes ago, docc said:

I reckon we have a winner, yes?

Does that make the rider Stephanie Sheene?

a043bf97d21666c26e864f37ff38fce6.jpg&f=1

Not quite, she's a bit older these days:) I met Barry about 30 years ago. We were racing at PI and he was staying at the same Motel.

Ciao 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Not quite, she's a bit older these days:) I met Barry about 30 years ago. We were racing at PI and he was staying at the same Motel.

Ciao 

I met Barry for the first time in 1972. I was 16 years old. He was starting from the front line in 250cc. Someone close to me showed him a cigarette, and he actually left the line to get a drag....

I spoke to him several times when he came racing in France, back then, you could access the riders.

Grand-Prix de Paris 1972 Barry Sheene

16 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

There're marketing people not Historians, lol.

Ciao

The guy who posted the video seemed to have been the one who shot it. I checked his other videos and he does not appear to be trying to market anything.

The lady wearing Barry Sheene's appointments must have had them already.  I don't think she could get to a prop store to get a riding suit and an helmet her sizes.

I asked her about it, let's see if she replies.

I modified my post after I found out the Superveloce belongs to her, and one of the only 75 made.

Therefore, there is no doubt the outfit is hers too.

• Thanks 1

I stood in line for Ago's autograph back when MV was the showcase marque at Mid-Ohio's vintage days. I also demo-ed the F4 that they were releasing. The man was cool, the bike was terrific and terrifying ( mostly because of the price). I lost the autograph that same week touring on Skyline Drive when I proved the axiom that nothing is truly waterproof when riding in strong rain...  I  love the round headlight on this new one,  but I'm sure I'll never be able to afford it. 

• Like 1
On 12/12/2021 at 9:19 PM, billgreenman1 said:

I stood in line for Ago's autograph back when MV was the showcase marque at Mid-Ohio's vintage days. I also demo-ed the F4 that they were releasing. The man was cool, the bike was terrific and terrifying ( mostly because of the price). I lost the autograph that same week touring on Skyline Drive when I proved the axiom that nothing is truly waterproof when riding in strong rain...  I  love the round headlight on this new one,  but I'm sure I'll never be able to afford it. 

Mid Ohio's cool. I got to make one on 08. Had a ton of fun. Got to hang out with Mark Wilsmore that weekend. Hadn't a clue who he was at first till I talked about wanting to hit the Ace Cafe . He was like: "Yeah, been there a few times.. Great English breakfasts." It was a great time. 

I wish I could of met Ago... Total legend. 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, billgreenman1 said:

Those contemporary MVs look very good, I am not certain if they really are meant for the long run though.

Let's see when Mogo Tuzzi comes up with a Le Mans using their new V100 engine...

As for Ago's autograph, it is a shame, because Mino is not getting any younger, and with this never ending pandemic variants going around, the probability to see him again soon are not great.