Side stand foot.

Chris Wilson

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

It has a piece of string tied to it and looped over the l/h bar grip. Get on the bike, retract the sidestand and pull up the string wrap it around the stand plate and put it in your jacket. That's what I'd do.

Just off to patent that now.

Ciao 

Then I stick to the daily exercise to keep the limps flexible. I am not going to fund your patents :-)

On 12/11/2021 at 4:27 PM, Chuck said:

Art.. if it is leaning that much, just to be safe, check the bolt that attaches to the engine.

Hi Chuck,

:thumbsup:    My stand has a thru bolt into a tab welded on the frame but you're right, the bolt had backed out, when that happened the stand was almost useless.  I refastened the stand and then went on to make a slight mod to the increase it's length by about a half inch and broaden it's footprint.  The spring loaded up stand is still awkward to deploy because I have to lean the bike slightly right to fully extend the stand but had to do that before the mod, just not as much.  I'm used to it, no big deal and I don't have to worry about the wind blowing it over now. 

....OK, in case I'm confusing anyone...the stand mod I did was on my '87 Lemans, not my V11 Lemans.  Just thought I'd add that since it dawned on me that I'm on the V11 board and not the Tonti stuff group.

Also, I'll now check my V11 stand mount hardware too after some of you (Docc, Chris, etc.) enountered loose hdwe there.

Thanks,

Art

• Like 1

A piece of aluminium 2 - 3mm, a little welding. Polish to your liking. NO strings needed. I usually turn front wheel to the right when parked, less work for the stand.
Cheers Tom. d9c90dc4986668ac20ec85664920fdf6.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

A piece of aluminium 2 - 3mm, a little welding. Polish to your liking. NO strings needed. I usually turn front wheel to the right when parked, less work for the stand.
Cheers Tom. d9c90dc4986668ac20ec85664920fdf6.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

It's about increasing the area under the foot not the overall length of the stand.

Ciao 

Missed the point again, it's the brain thing  :rasta:..  Wider more alu then.  I like em a bit more upright, parked anyway.  Mostly rock up here and not often soft asphalt.  As long as they stay on 2 wheels I'm happy,, IPA time.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Missed the point again, it's the brain thing  :rasta:..  Wider more alu then.  I like em a bit more upright, parked anyway.  Mostly rock up here and not often soft asphalt.  As long as they stay on 2 wheels I'm happy,, IPA time.

Cheers Tom.

I want a TIG welder. Can someone buy one for me for Christmas:) A really, really good one, lol. Are you listening Santa?

Ciao 

Pretty sure Tom was saying he missed the point, not you L-Phil. True that the original post was about increased foot area for stands “digging in.”Somewhere along the thread, increased ride height causing excessive lean came up. As well as stands coming loose.

We’ve also packed in three different Guzzi models in two pages. We’re a busy bunch….:bier:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, docc said:

Pretty sure Tom was saying he missed the point, not you L-Phil. True that the original post was about increased foot area for stands “digging in.”Somewhere along the thread, increased ride height causing excessive lean came up. As well as stands coming loose.

We’ve also packed in three different Guzzi models in two pages. We’re a busy bunch….:bier:

Ok docc looks like I misinterpreted "again" I'll change my post. Thanks.

Ciao

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I want a TIG welder. Can someone buy one for me for Christmas:) A really, really good one, lol. Are you listening Santa?

Ciao 

Thanks Docc, Phil just my a lot of times I bet, Not english correct saying, talking.    Good wish for Christmas tho, hope it comes tru.

Cheers Tom

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, docc said:

What with the Bellagio not sold in the USA, I had to take a look at the configuration of @Chris Wilson's side stand. I was pretty sure it is not like the V11's Rube Goldberg device. Also, pretty sure the V11 sidestand is much more likely to touch down in a deep left-hander. (Mine has never touched again after the Öhlins shock, and spring changes.)

bl3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yes Doc, it folds up into the gap between the exhaust  pretzel and the footpeg.

And that's is pretty much the model that I have and to my mind the best two valve engine Guzzi ever made.

Go figure, they make a short stroke revving engine and then market as a Harely Sportster competitor!

1 minute ago, Chris Wilson said:

Yes Doc, it folds up into the gap between the exhaust  pretzel and the footage.

And that's is pretty much the model that I have and to my mind the best two valve engine Guzzi ever made.

Go figure, they make a short stroke revving engine and then market as a Harely Sportster competitor!

There is something really muscular and aggressive about the Bellagio.  Evidently, the Italians didn't think we would buy it in The States. Or just that they really don't have a clue. :whistle:

Nice looking bike!

You don't out Harley a Harley in America, there is a veritable cemetery of Jap bikes laid to waste trying to do just this.

Best to market it in Europe and Commonwealth countries.

It's the only bike that I have buyers on the street asking me if I want to sell it, even the dealer who I bought it from and the guy who services it wants it back!

Chris.

• Like 1

Well.... in case nobody has looked at theirs after all this.. the foot isn't parallel to the ground when deployed, and will wear to the point of grinding the foot off the stalk. :o I made a stainless shoe to fit over the whole works to stop that wear. JB welded that bad boy on (Guzzi content) and no more problems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Well.... in case nobody has looked at theirs after all this.. the foot isn't parallel to the ground when deployed, and will wear to the point of grinding the foot off the stalk. :o I made a stainless shoe to fit over the whole works to stop that wear. JB welded that bad boy on (Guzzi content) and no more problems.

Or is it that the ground is not level with foot.

Rarely does the plate sit evenly pressured when deployed and is the reason I went with 3 x 6mm bolts and glue.

Just gluing could lead to the plate being levered off the foot when rocking over 200kg onto it on uneven ground.

I would have used 4 bolts on mine except for the fact that access under the leg on the fourth corner made things difficult, but not impossible if needed.

Chris.