Alarm on a Rosso Mandello

Guest Marcel

Guest Marcel

Hi,

my insurance wants me to put an alarm on Paola so no other man may touch her. The problem is that there is no Guzzi dealer close by (1.5hrs) and I need it installed ASAP. Otherwise I'm lefty empty handed when another man takes her.

So I have to go to a firm that knows how to install an alarm, but not on a V11 Sport. Since I expect other owners (esp. Dutch) will have an alarm, I was wondering if they'd share me some tips so I can tell the person working on her what to do: where to place the box etc., tips on the wiring etc.

Lotsa possibilities, wasp tail, under seat, airbox, headlamp, and possibly in the frame.

I have no idea how to wire it. The ignition switches are a security hole.

If you get Lo-Jack, I imagine in the frame is best. (Lo-Jack is a homing device, so that your bike can be found by radio)

I would stay away from the ignition and fuel kill features. Starter kill is not a bad idea. Less secure, but less pain if it goes bad.

If you do not want to annoy your neighbors, like I did with my first alarm, that malfunctioned, get a silent alarm with pager. That way you can run out into the street naked, blasting bullets into the bastards! Just make sure it is your bike that is being ridden when you pull the trigger. Warning: this type of response is illegal, although applauded, in most places, especially if it is the repo man that you murder. If the judge rides a Guzzi, you can always try to claim that it was justifiable homocide.

Guest v11eric

chance from insurancecompany, there are several who have no alarm demands in Holland.

no alarm

Eric

01 V11 Lemans