Absolut v2 syncroniation

Hans Jakobsen

First no good at english. But here we go! 90˚ v2 270˚ 450˚ firing.crankshaft speed higher on 450˚ cylinder on intakte stroke.less Air in cyl 450˚ vith same manifoldvacum.lacy cylinder vith Carb,Rich fuel and lacy cylinder vith inj.on ny breva 750 i adjusted on exhaust temp.seems to work.tip to cold harted?? Breva 750. Turn tps against opening direktion.ca.2 mm on schrew holes by mine.chainsaw file in holes and just trying!kind of Old ways i Think.like to hear opinions on intakte Air vs manifoldvacum.cristmaslowe from denmark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hans Jakobsen said:

First no good at english. But here we go! 90˚ v2 270˚ 450˚ firing.crankshaft speed higher on 450˚ cylinder on intakte stroke.less Air in cyl 450˚ vith same manifoldvacum.lacy cylinder vith Carb,Rich fuel and lacy cylinder vith inj.on ny breva 750 i adjusted on exhaust temp.seems to work.tip to cold harted?? Breva 750. Turn tps against opening direktion.ca.2 mm on schrew holes by mine.chainsaw file in holes and just trying!kind of Old ways i Think.like to hear opinions on intakte Air vs manifoldvacum.cristmaslowe from denmark.

I don't see the minor variation in crank speed due to the firing order having any meaningful effect on vacuum balance or cylinder filling. There are too many other variables involved for this to be a significant contributor. It's something that looks better in theory than actuality. Same as measuring exhaust temps on idle, what meaningful information does that give you within realistic parameters? Small EGT variations could be due to many things.

Ciao 

• Like 1

In 270º twins, as in 180º twins, one cylinder works slightly harder than the other , so idle exhaust temperatures will never be the same.  Heavy flywheels help smooth that out.

• Like 1

Does the Breva 750 have the non-adjustable TPS  with straight holes instead of slots? In that case, the throttle angle is preset and the idle stop screw should not be moved.

Glædelig jul, Hans!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, docc said:

Does the Breva 750 have the non-adjustable TPS  with straight holes instead of slots? In that case, the throttle angle is preset and the idle stop screw should not be moved.

Glædelig jul, Hans!

It have nonadjustable TPS.just filed holes sideways.havent moved idle stop screw.it was wery Lean vhen cold til lambda Took over and then stil a bit on Trottle chancing.made it worse by putting on open mistrals!now it goes clean all the time.probobly uses more Gasolin.   Thanks for vriting.   Happy Christmas docc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I don't see the minor variation in crank speed due to the firing order having any meaningful effect on vacuum balance or cylinder filling. There are too many other variables involved for this to be a significant contributor. It's something that looks better in theory than actuality. Same as measuring exhaust temps on idle, what meaningful information does that give you within realistic parameters? Small EGT variations could be due to many things.

Ciao 

15 hours ago, po18guy said:

In 270º twins, as in 180º twins, one cylinder works slightly harder than the other , so idle exhaust temperatures will never be the same.  Heavy flywheels help smooth that out.

Think Your both right,it is mostly theory and the guzzi have very heavy flywheel. I vas using temp.mostly beacuse i havent a good CO meter. Seems to work fine!  Thanks for writing and happy Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hans Jakobsen said:

Think Your both right,it is mostly theory and the guzzi have very heavy flywheel. I vas using temp.mostly beacuse i havent a good CO meter. Seems to work fine!  Thanks for writing and happy Christmas.

And a happy Christmas to you and your loved ones!

On 12/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, Lucky Phil said:

Same as measuring exhaust temps on idle, what meaningful information does that give you within realistic parameters? 

Ciao 

Have used a lick of spit on exhaust headers before to determine a misfiring cylinder or other causes of rich mixtures.

This was done on a CB750 FA when O'Brien's  exhausts at Sydney Australia  pioneered their first 4 into 1 on my bike

It alerted us to an issue that was later resolved.

Chris.

40 minutes ago, Chris Wilson said:

Have used a lick of spit on exhaust headers before to determine a misfiring cylinder or other causes of rich mixtures.

This was done on a CB750 FA when O'Brien's  exhausts at Sydney Australia  pioneered their first 4 into 1 on my bike

It alerted us to an issue that was layer resolved.

Chris.

Analog testing! :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 86 yr old buddy gave me a class on the V twin , firing order , degrees  of everything , carb jetting , etc. He explained how the # 1 cylinder did the most work at lower RPMs and got more even as the RPMs went up .  It didn't take long for me to be "lost as an Easter egg on the 4th of July" . One of these days I will have another class on this .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1