What are the main things about Guzzis that make them so quirky versus their competition?

VtwinStorm

One of the key factor that makes you work on you bike, is the self satisfaction of having done it yourself. With or without supervision.

Some of us can accommodate some of the hurdles a week-end mechanic faces.

I simply cannot.

Whatever I need to do, it needs to be in an environment that allows me to face and circumvent any and every situation. Else, I would rather hold my peace.

It starts with all the tools, the bench, the air distribution system, the lighting, the manual, the spares.... I had that in my club when I was 12; and the supervision, the advice, the help when needed. It was like being at the hospital. No shortage of doctors and specialized equipment. Maybe I am too much of a perfectionist, but if I break a screw, I want to be able to extract it, drill, tap, install another, whatever it was. I don't want to be in a situation where I need to order something that I don't have handy because I maintain my bike every now and then.

Thus I accept that I need to be reasonable and subcontract the care of my motorcycle to someone else's capable hands.

I still feel good, because I know I could do it if I wanted to, because I used to do it before.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 2:56 AM, p6x said:

In the military, all the steps were precisely described and illustrated with pictures. Nevertheless, they mechanics still managed to find new ways to destroy things.

I remember in college a lecturer informing us fresh faced yoofs "You can never make anything idiotproof, because idiots are so ingenious"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2