100 Years: Guzzi Documentary (English)...

VtwinStorm

44 minutes ago, FreyZI said:

Interesting garage-fellows, a SMART and a V11....

I'd think a 500 Abarth or some Alfa would be more suited, but you like what you like!

My two dailes are beat up. A beat up econobox and a beat up little truck.

You'd never know of my collection from the shit boxes that I drive to and from work...which, incidentally, allow me to easily put some of my discretionary funds into my fleet of fine European sportbikes. :lol:

I hate debt, so there you go...

So, no judgement here.

20 hours ago, billgreenman1 said:

It is definitely a blessing to have a a shop with a reputable "Guzzi whisperer". I'm not so sure I'd rely on the  V11 as day to day transport and luggage options are also a bit constrained. To each their own though! I still have a 4-wheeled box complete with windshield wipers and a heater, and a BMW r1150r as a daily summer mule. But the V11 stirs the soul differently. I've got the semi rare and slightly goofy stock tank bag and some Ortlieb panniers and have toured, but it is kinda like bungee-ing a milk crate onto a Lamborghini......

I have done about 5k miles since I got the Le Mans. I did some long runs you can check the reports in "Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas". Excepted for the no crank that happened when the temperatures was in the 40's, so far the V11 worked pretty well. I trust it anyways.

I am planning to do the Texas grand tour again this year, so I am hopeful it will even do better. I carry the strict minimum with me, what fits in the small bag on the luggage rack.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, p6x said:

I have done about 5k miles since I got the Le Mans. I did some long runs you can check the reports in "Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas". Excepted for the no crank that happened when the temperatures was in the 40's, so far the V11 worked pretty well. I trust it anyways.

I am planning to do the Texas grand tour again this year, so I am hopeful it will even do better. I carry the strict minimum with me, what fits in the small bag on the luggage rack.

• Like 1

another centennial documentary about Moto Guzzi done by the community of Mandello del Lario with a different perspective that i found interesting. 

and i also liked the sound of lombardian italian voices

• Like 6

On 1/4/2022 at 12:28 AM, VtwinStorm said:

I'd think a 500 Abarth or some Alfa would be more suited, but you like what you like!

My two dailes are beat up. A beat up econobox and a beat up little truck.

You'd never know of my collection from the shit boxes that I drive to and from work...which, incidentally, allow me to easily put some of my discretionary funds into my fleet of fine European sportbikes. :lol:

I hate debt, so there you go...

So, no judgement here.

I lived ten years in Italy, and had the opportunity to drive the 500 (not the Abarth though) and a Duetto (the Alpha Romeo convertible two seater). I would happily have a 500, however they are very expensive (I am talking about the original, not the recent models).

This is my current ride; 22 years old, 50,000 miles.

Train Depot as a waterhole

• Like 2

7 hours ago, p6x said:

I lived ten years in Italy, and had the opportunity to drive the 500 (not the Abarth though) and a Duetto (the Alpha Romeo convertible two seater). I would happily have a 500, however they are very expensive (I am talking about the original, not the recent models).

This is my current ride; 22 years old, 50,000 miles.

Train Depot as a waterhole

Nice. I always preferred the 993-earlier air-cooled 911s, myself.

14 hours ago, VtwinStorm said:

Nice. I always preferred the 993-earlier air-cooled 911s, myself.

When I was in Italy, a colleague had the 930 Turbo. The distinctive flat 6 sound of the air cooled version is unmissable.

Before the 996, I had an S2000, and the handling was superior!

6400440301_193f1f3d9c_b.jpg

Alternatively....

The lady and the hot rod

• Like 5