Looking for a Norge.

Randy

I'll just C&P my response when this was posted on the Ghetto.

Uncomfortable, impractical, noisy, missing a whole load of stuff required for legality in most markets to name just a few of its most immediate turn-offs for me.

Another thing shared by so many of these CARC bike based 'Specials' that I think is an utter 'Fail' is the foreshortening of the rear of the bike. There is no denying that the 'Nuovo Six Speed' and CARC transmission is very long. This is one of the big contributors to the CARC series bikes enormous wheelbase and there is really pretty much nothing that can be done about it. 

On the GRiSO particularly the styling does a very good job of prettying the back end up and hiding that unfortunate visual impact. On this bike and most of the other 'Cafe Racer' or whatever you want to call them apparatuses a cut down frame and (Usually hideously uncomfortable looking!) solo seat simply exacerbate this visual discontinuity rendering the bike as ugly as a sack full of bashed crabs!

Others may of course choose to differ but for me it just doesn't work.

59 minutes ago, pete roper said:

...as ugly as a sack full of bashed crabs!

🦀🦐🦞🦀

Nuthin’ wrong with a bit of seafood!

Seen a lot of blokes with a missus’ with an ‘enormous wheelbase and there is really pretty much nothing that can be done about it’ looking just as you say. 

Still, those blokes keep going there...

https://www.motorradonline.de/naked-bike/blacktrack-motors-bt-05-cento-moto-guzzi-griso/

5 hours ago, docc said:

I went looking for an image of the "bronze" Norge. Is it this (what we V11ers might call "champagne)?

689-scarico%2520moto%2520guzzi%2520zard%

That is gorgeous! :food:

Yup............. that's a beauty.

Never seen one that color before.

12 hours ago, docc said:

I went looking for an image of the "bronze" Norge. Is it this (what we V11ers might call "champagne)?

689-scarico%2520moto%2520guzzi%2520zard%

That is gorgeous! :food:

That's it. Photos don't do the color justice, you really have to see it. It's not gold, not champagne, Lisa described it as a fawn color.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scud said:

Maybe get a ride on a Stelvio before you make your final decision. Otherwise, good luck with the search - that's a nice color on the Norge.

This round I'm looking for the full faired tourer, Stelvio is out there eventually for my dual purpose.

^ cool. Have you ridden the Norge enough to compare it against the Ducati ST3?

And the few Norges I've for sale recently seem at low prices. Deals to be had on that under-appreciated model.

I also like the Zard exhaust on the picture Docc found.

1 hour ago, Scud said:

^ cool. Have you ridden the Norge enough to compare it against the Ducati ST3?

And the few Norges I've for sale recently seem at low prices. Deals to be had on that under-appreciated model.

I also like the Zard exhaust on the picture Docc found.

ST3 is in a totally different class, more like a comfortable sport bike with luggage hung on as an afterthought. Quicker turning and peppier. 

The Norge is like a Griso with full fairings. Solid handling but not built for tight twisties at speed, nice torque from low on rpm's. Drop it down two gears and the acceleration for passing, etc is perfectly fine.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well, after finding a second Bronze Norge that the owner sold out from under me three days before I was scheduled to pick it up, I've became a bit gun shy of that color (bad mojo).

So, this one is purchased and on the way home next week. 2013 model.

large.281008075_3102837686697562_122922423915893244_n.jpg

• Like 4

Good to see another Norge paired up with a V11… 

I have a silver 2008 and wouldn’t trade it on anything but a newer Norge…