from California making it rain. *Somebody's* gotta do it, and they leave it to me. I hadn't been out in 2 years, so they were in pretty dire straits. They don't have to worry for a while now.. "unprecedented" rain fall and cold temps for 3 weeks in the LA area.

Naturally, it turned sunny and started warming up when we left.

For whatever reason.. my Galaxy Tab4 doesn't play well with this site. Won't let me post or answer PMs, etc. :huh2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, stewgnu said:

were you on 2 wheels though?

I tried to be. Spent 2 days bringing the MZ out of hibernation and cleaning the biggest part of the rust and corrosion..two years of sitting beside the ocean is not kind to a machine..

7 minutes ago, stewgnu said:

were you on 2 wheels though?

IMG_20211222_135101464_HDR.jpg

and then the rains came.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Scud said:

Thanks for the rain and snow. Much obliged.

You are more than welcome, Mr. Scudder. With great power comes great responsibility.. I hope nothing washed away.:oldgit:

Well, it *was* a Boeing, but it wasn't a Stearman. :rasta: The second leg of the journey last night was supposed to be on a Max :o but it had an electrical failure (surprise surprise) and we had to traipse over to another terminal, wait some more, then wait for an hour for our luggage to show up in Indy. It was a long day and night. Still beats walking, though..

7 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Well, it *was* a Boeing, but it wasn't a Stearman. :rasta: The second leg of the journey last night was supposed to be on a Max :o but it had an electrical failure (surprise surprise) and we had to traipse over to another terminal, wait some more, then wait for an hour for our luggage to show up in Indy. It was a long day and night. Still beats walking, though..

At least it wasn't on an Airbus where each pilot hides his controls from the other.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I tried to be. Spent 2 days bringing the MZ out of hibernation and cleaning the biggest part of the rust and corrosion..two years of sitting beside the ocean is not kind to a machine..

IMG_20211222_135101464_HDR.jpg

and then the rains came.

oo a skorpion?

3 hours ago, po18guy said:

At least it wasn't on an Airbus where each pilot hides his controls from the other.

Nah mate, remember that commercial aircraft are flying on autopilot most of the time.

Then airline procedure demands that only one pilot is flying if flying manually.

On an Airbus, if both sidesticks are used at the same time, the inputs are algebraically added (with limits), just the same as manual inputs to B737 control wheels, except digitally instead of hand force.
If both sidesticks are used, two SIDE STICK PRIORITY lights on the glareshield come on, a loud "DUAL INPUT" message is played every 5 sec, and a post flight report goes back to the airline.

Not only can both pilots see each other's sidesticks, three computers are monitoring as well. The pilot can't hide on a modern aircraft.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

Nah mate, remember that commercial aircraft are flying on autopilot most of the time.

Then airline procedure demands that only one pilot is flying if flying manually.

On an Airbus, if both sidesticks are used at the same time, the inputs are algebraically added (with limits), just the same as manual inputs to B737 control wheels, except digitally instead of hand force.
If both sidesticks are used, two SIDE STICK PRIORITY lights on the glareshield come on, a loud "DUAL INPUT" message is played every 5 sec, and a post flight report goes back to the airline.

Not only can both pilots see each other's sidesticks, three computers are monitoring as well. The pilot can't hide on a modern aircraft.

Has it changed since the Air France flight that stalled into the Atlantic?

No change.

The Air France plane had an autopilot disconnect in cruise as it got extreme icing in a super cell. The crew must have been half asleep, and stalled it all the way into the sea. Loss of situational awareness. The pitot icing was gone in seconds, and just re-engaging the autopilot would have saved them.

Sorry Chuck, didn't mean to hijack the posting from a Weather God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, MartyNZ said:

No change.

The Air France plane had an autopilot disconnect in cruise as it got extreme icing in a super cell. The crew must have been half asleep, and stalled it all the way into the sea. Loss of situational awareness. The pitot icing was gone in seconds, and just re-engaging the autopilot would have saved them.

Sorry Chuck, didn't mean to hijack the posting from a Weather God.

You can't just re engage the autopilot with the aircraft in an out of control attitude and it'll fly you out of it. 

Ciao