2004 Ballabio For Sale Long Beach CA

Randown

Posted here first, low miles, turn key ready to enjoy, pictures here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApfE3KXJ6gPfhJxiQTteMLTKjDYJhQ?e=FdvDhg

Haven't figured on a price yet, will update soon.

UPDATE

$6.9k is the initial ask with the intention of adjusting after some while if it's necessary to meet the market.

Posted hi res pic copies.

Purchased with 263.0 miles on the odo from OC Harley Davidson in Irvine CA Never down or crashed.

Inquire here or text V VI II VI I IX IV VIII VII IV.

• Like 2

Tons of detail on changes by year, so it depends on what year you want to compare to. The Ballabio's flyscreen is mounted to the frame, rather than the bars as the earlier sports. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nc43bsa said:

What are the functional differences between a Ballabio and a V11 Sport?

Just the handlebars vs clip-ons?

I would add to Scud's reply that not only is the flyscreen frame mounted on the Ballabio (as on the Café Sport, Coppa Italia, and Scura R), but also the headlamp and instruments. From the side views, you can see how this entire assembly stands further off the front than the standard Sports (and 2002 Scura).

gallery_25_15380.jpggallery_25_4006.jpg

I suspect (but do not know) that the frame mounted kit, as on @Randown's nice Ballabio, offers more stability at speed (The fairing not jostling the forks as on the standard Sports) and a bigger "air capsule" for the rider behind the flyscreen.

• Like 1

UPDATE

$6.9k is the initial ask with the intention of adjusting after some while if it's necessary to meet the market.

Posted hi res pic copies.

Purchased with 263.0 miles on the odo from OC Harley Davidson in Irvine CA Never down or crashed.

• Like 1

Thanks Scud, in my mind the V11's are special - they're nice to look at while on a kickstand but with a rider onboard both are elevated next level. The result is greater than the sum. Kinda like the Beatles. The lines + the slightly longer WB visually proportion well. Even the most harshest critics, adolescents, have remarked out of a car window. Millenial SOA types on HDs love it. I guess I don't need to tell you.

Ballabio.jpg?psid=1&width=1060&height=79

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Randown said:

Thanks Scud, in my mind the V11's are special - they're nice to look at while on a kickstand but with a rider onboard both are elevated next level. The result is greater than the sum. Kinda like the Beatles. The lines + the slightly longer WB visually proportion well. Even the most harshest critics, adolescents, have remarked out of a car window. Millenial SOA types on HDs love it. I guess I don't need to tell you.

Ballabio.jpg?psid=1&width=1060&height=79

Nice! Almost exactly the mileage on my '04 when I bought it. As to desireability, a "homeless" young woman holding a cardboard sign at the freeway off-ramp stopped begging for a moment and said "Nice bike."

I'll grant you that I have the red version. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, docc said:

I suspect (but do not know) that the frame mounted kit, as on @Randown's nice Ballabio, offers more stability at speed (The fairing not jostling the forks as on the standard Sports) and a bigger "air capsule" for the rider behind the flyscreen.

Well, at 120-130K one-handed, it is rather peaceful. Downside: Every kid in a slammed Civic or Jetta wants to race. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Scud said:

Why have you decided to sell it?

I thought the answer to that would have be the same reason it has low miles - ergonomics. That issue may have been resolved & the insulting thing is it was a problem of my own making. Somewhere I had read what the suspension settings should or could be for the bike & I clicked in the settings not giving it a second thought. After some time I noticed a correlation between a sore back & riding the V11. By now I had it in my mind this was a ergo issue. Meanwhile it was easy to just put miles on another bike while I figured out what I wanted to do. Fast forward to today, after actually measuring & setting sag I see the suspension settings were off, way off. Doh!

So what's the reasoning now? Two issues as I see it are tipping the scales towards selling. One is I'm splitting assets with the soon to be ex & the other is medical related. Am looking forward to resolving both projects soon. :)