Stuff from acquired box of random Guzzi parts

FreyZI

I purchased an '02 Lemans and it came with a couple boxes of stuff.  The P.O. (x2) apparently had several Guzzis, including a Centauro and some sort of V11 EV.  The boxes contained a mish-mash of the parts for (at least) those three bikes.  I want to get rid of that stuff that I don't need for a Lemans.  Most of it I haven't bothered to identify through fiche or otherwise.  I will post a couple pics here.  Happy to answer any questions, take additional pictures, make measurements, etc., if that will help you identify/confirm the piece you're interested in.  I don't feel like spending the time and effort to price items.  You pay shipping.  I'll gladly accept good karma, in-kind, or non-tax-deductable charitable contributions to the "restore the knackered goose fund".

Items are believed to include:

Centauro clutch cable with rubber lever boot (new)

Centauro clutch cable without boot (new)

Centauro speedo cable (new)

What appears to be a Magni (or similar, or knock-off) fairing windscreen (pictured below):

20220123_202242.jpg

More to come....

• Like 1

And:

20220123_202406.jpg

Bar end weights

Shifter arm and linkage

clear lens

sidestand switch

a cool aluminum mount/bracket of some sort

a chrome cover of some sort (roughly 3-1/2 tall, slightly less diameter)

Not pictured: Centauro left front fender piece (charcoal color, fair condition)

If the lower gear on the oil pump lacks a bearing it's out a HiCam engine Daytona/Centauro & some of the pieces are Centauro  (where's the grenade icon when you need it)

Hard to tell on the screen but don't think it's a Magni, more screws on the Magni and they were M5 at the front and M6 at the sides

Just parts I know about off the top of my head

41 minutes ago, Weegie said:

Hard to tell on the screen but don't think it's a Magni, more screws on the Magni and they were M5 at the front and M6 at the sides

Yeah, the Magni''s holes also aren't equidistant in the pics I've seen, so it's probably not actually Magni (but might fit?). It's quite thin material.

Magni's screens are very thin, depending more on shape than material for rigidty.

I can't comment on the V11 fairing but on the Magni bikes I own, when you order a screen it comes with only the center hole drilled at the front, the rest is up to you.

It's tricky as the screen has to be shaped to mate with the fairing which changes the hole locations a little, the screen is in compression when it's on the fairing and both fairing and screen change shape as you install it. It's very easy to drill them then find they don't fit or stress the screen too much and crack the bloody thing....................NO don't ask!!

What I've done in the past was to drill the holes in pairs, so mount the screen with the center hole locating screen to fairing, then drill the pair next out from center. Repeat for the next pair, then the pair after that until working towards the outer edges until you're finished.

EDIT Just to add that after I drilled each pair of holes I then bolted them into position, before marking off the next pair. Then you unbolt the screen drill the holes and then bolt all the holes drilled to the fairing before marking off the next pair. Trying to mark them all off at once usually doesn't end well..............and don't ask me how I know that either

It's an utter pain!!!

• Like 1