Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas - 2022 edition - Repository -

p6x

Here's my 2021 patch and rocker, and I have enrolled again for 2022; hopefully, I will be able to do the 50 stops this year. If you check the 2022 tour stops, you will find that the organizer used one of my photo submission to mark the location. Stop #4;

If the fancy was to take you, the tour portal is here! there is collection of photos video made from the 2021 tour participants. If you watch until the end, there is a majority of touring bikes; I did not see any other Moto Guzzi.

Anyway, I will bore you with my reports when the tour starts in March. See you then?

MGOT Patch and 2021 rocker

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done on completing the tour and a cool patch too!

Several of us from Houston will ride up to the open house at Texas Sidecar on March 26th, looks like a good chance to have a nice ride and pick up a post for the tour.

I've posted up the event on the Facebook page of GRIT (Guzzi Riders in Texas), so we may get some other Guzzisti from around the area to join in hopefully.  

One year we had a Guzzi lunch in Hearne, the equidistant location between Dallas, San Antonio and Houston...I think we had about 15 riders show up for lunch that day, including a Ducati Diavel who joined me from Houston.  On the way back, we'll pass thru Milano.

Some of these rides thru this part of Texas are quite fun...you can go thru Athens, Carthage, Palestine, Italy, Milano, Paris all in a days ride!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, PJPR01 said:

Nicely done on completing the tour and a cool patch too!

Several of us from Houston will ride up to the open house at Texas Sidecar on March 26th, looks like a good chance to have a nice ride and pick up a post for the tour.

I've posted up the event on the Facebook page of GRIT (Guzzi Riders in Texas), so we may get some other Guzzisti from around the area to join in hopefully.  

One year we had a Guzzi lunch in Hearne, the equidistant location between Dallas, San Antonio and Houston...I think we had about 15 riders show up for lunch that day, including a Ducati Diavel who joined me from Houston.  On the way back, we'll pass thru Milano.

Some of these rides thru this part of Texas are quite fun...you can go thru Athens, Carthage, Palestine, Italy, Milano, Paris all in a days ride!

TSC March 26

I just received the flyer, but I have not gotten my flag yet. Most worrisome, my Le Mans is still at the hospital.

I am also supposedly going to Alaska so I think I am not going to be around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 6:49 PM, PJPR01 said:

I am planning to attend the Saturday 26th TSC event, with my.... 911!

We have a family emergency and I am unable to ride the Le Mans. I will bring my cameras and plan to take lots of pictures. So if you have some ladies that want to appear in the Guzzi pics section, bring them along...

• Like 2

Good to hear P6X, but I hate to disappoint you in advance, our fairer companions are not coming on this trip.  I’m tempted to bring the 911 also, but several friends are riding their motos, so I’ll do the same.  Still waiting on my official tour number to arrive however and I’m running out of days here!  

10 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Good to hear P6X, but I hate to disappoint you in advance, our fairer companions are not coming on this trip.  I’m tempted to bring the 911 also, but several friends are riding their motos, so I’ll do the same.  Still waiting on my official tour number to arrive however and I’m running out of days here!  

I got mine several weeks ago. I am 849 for 2022.

I know a lady that would certainly like to join, but since I am not riding my bike, there is not much point. She would certainly fit in perfectly, born in Siracusa Sicily Italy, looking exactly like a match for a Moto Guzzi.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, p6x said:

I got mine several weeks ago. I am 849 for 2022.

I know a lady that would certainly like to join, but since I am not riding my bike, there is not much point. She would certainly fit in perfectly, born in Siracusa Sicily Italy, looking exactly like a match for a Moto Guzzi.

Excellent!  I finally have mine now...# 853, another friend who will join is #861, and likely we'll have a 3rd moto join.  The 4th one is unfortunately at an event in his Boxster this weekend down in Angleton with the Lone Star PCA group, fun track to race on if you get the chance to do so.  

@PJPR01

I am not certain, but I think I saw you. You were discussing installing a side-car on your Guzzi?

There were a lot of Grand-Tour of Texas participants today. My original thought was confirmed, I would say the main motorbike brand is Harley Davidson; I think about 90% of the participation.

There were a few Honda Goldwing, obviously some BMW GSesses. One Moto-Guzzi, yours?

It was fun, I spoke to many tour participants, coming from all over Texas, some from very far away too. Just a shame I could not ride the Le Mans, but it is going to be the only time.

I'm puzzled how to respond to the above p6x...You were close enough to hear me talking about putting a sidecar on my Guzzi with the owner of TSC, while standing next to my Scura, the only V11 there, so you decided not to say hello or introduce yourself?  

I didn't see a red 911 in the whole parking lot, so I'm guessing you came in another vehicle.

Several current and ex Guzzi riders and the others I rode up with all sat together for lunch at the table at the back and enjoyed a nice visit.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I'm puzzled how to respond to the above p6x...You were close enough to hear me talking about putting a sidecar on my Guzzi with the owner of TSC, while standing next to my Scura, the only V11 there, so you decided not to say hello or introduce yourself?  

I didn't see a red 911 in the whole parking lot, so I'm guessing you came in another vehicle.

Several current and ex Guzzi riders and the others I rode up with all sat together for lunch at the table at the back and enjoyed a nice visit.

Cheers.

Well, you were in the middle of heated technical discussion, and there was no opportunity for me to break in with:

-"is it you?"

Then you moved with the TSC guy and my attention was called elsewhere. I was going to find you again, but I had to have an impromptu exit.

I was indeed in another vehicle, with a P6X registration plate. I got up to a late start that morning, and did not want to line up at Costco for gas.

I am sure our paths will cross again.

• Like 1

No worries, would have not been a bother to interrupt at all, would have been  good to put a face to a name and enjoy a conversation.

A la prochaine!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

No worries, would have not been a bother to interrupt at all, would have been  good to put a face to a name and enjoy a conversation.

A la prochaine!

I have had a strict upbringing, and always was taught to never interrupt conversations. I was patiently waiting for a break, but had to bail out.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Stop #27: Navasota Classic Rock Café;

This is actually my third Texas Tour stop, but the other two were done in my 911, so I did not report them even if you are allowed 5 without your motorcycle.

Today's ride was nice because it gave the opportunity to meet with @PJPR01, so we could hit the road with two Guzzi instead of one!

Here's the detail of our trip today: 130 miles, with two Bluebonnet stops on farm to market 362, and an ethanol free gas fill at Buc-ee's Waller.

A very pleasant excursion, in a incredibly nice Texas weather. Nice because we had a cooling wind tempering the heat. On a less positive note, there is oil on the right hand side of the sump. I was so happy to have the starting cured....

2022 MGToT202227 Classic Rock Cafe & Co NavasotaBluebonnets

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fun day out yesterday, 3 days in a row of perfect weather to ride, and a nice rendezvous up in Navasota and surrounding areas...great to have lunch with P6X, look at the red LeMans, and enjoy a little run of the big blocks thru the back roads as well as pick up another tag on the Great Tour of Texas from a different angle than a day earlier.

IMG_2645.JPEG

IMG_2647.JPEG

IMG_2643.JPEG

IMG_2642.JPEG

• Like 5

@PJPR01

Just to confirm, Buc-ee's Katy sells ethanol free gas too.

It is probably psychological, but it seems my bike coughs less on Eth free gas. Needs to be confirmed though.

• Like 1