Eighteenth South’n Spine Raid 2022

docc

3 hours ago, Randy said:

306171121_5405892629494078_9737966514680

Word is that you might be the new steward of my Guzzi flag.  Couldn't be in better hands!  A draped Coppa Italia pic would be nice....😁

On 9/11/2022 at 5:09 PM, KINDOY2 said:

I think I need some stronger reading glasses then look at these pics later!:huh2:

Body language is a powerful tell....

• Like 2

Getting SpineRaiders to line up their bikes for a photo-op is like asking all your friends to bring their cats for a group shot. Formula for a cat fight. <_<  :rolleyes:

Yet, just serendipitously, I find this one image of all five Spineys at this year's XVIII SSR . . .

IMG_8276.jpg

• Like 9

Well. 1.5 hours from home got jackknifed from behind in the rain. Truck hurt bad, trailer hurt bad, relatively light bike damage- mostly my sport- but they stayed on the trailer. No injuries. Long night ahead. Meh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

11 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Well. 1.5 hours from home got jackknifed from behind in the rain. Truck hurt bad, trailer hurt bad, relatively light bike damage- mostly my sport- but they stayed on the trailer. No injuries. Long night ahead. Meh.

A testimony to your methods, Sir! :luigi:

I hope you are all unscathed, as well.  :ninja:

• Like 3

On 9/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, Bill Hagan said:

Managed to R&R the V7's rear tire without losing any of my blood or fingers. :grin:

i-NCB4JBB-L.jpg

i-XCThWnG-L.jpg

Now, I am cleaning it a bit after a recent run in the rain, tho we all know what a waste of time that is.  But, as @Joe posted, we still do it. :race:

i-HfRFRcw-L.jpg

Bill

I want one.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

So sorry to hear that.  Most grateful no one was hurt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m impressed that you changed out your tire at home. Your bike lift and shop look good. I’m going to have to step up my game a notch or two after seeing this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Goofman said:

Word is that you might be the new steward of my Guzzi flag.  Couldn't be in better hands!  A draped Coppa Italia pic would be nice....😁

Body language is a powerful tell....

Yep, someone draped it across the Coppa. I can be the keeper until next year or mail it over to you. Picture of the Coppa with it will be coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

24hour SitRep ?

Y'all home and okay?

IMG_8270.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, docc said:

24hour SitRep ?

Y'all home and okay?

We're fine, if stiff with some sore spots. The Himalayan got a slightly bent shifter, the LeMans got a tiny bit of broken fin on the sump with scuffed paint on the lower fairing, and the 'Sport needs some filler and paint on the bodywork and the seats are usable but nicked up. There's an oil leak somewhere and the cooler took a minor hit from the wheel chock. Mirrors and T/S damage. Overall, insignificant. The trailer needs some heavy repair at the tongue and mounting points for fender/lamps. The truck, well, we'll see. There's minor frame damage, certainly repairable but not necessarily economical as it doesn't book well enough to warrant collision coverage. I may actually hire a traffic attorney to sort out the towing and insurance- 2 trucks x 100 miles was $3500 to get it all home, and there are 3 separate road service policies to sort out. The one silver lining is that I actually carry collision on the 'Sport so I'll recover all but the deductible. 

The thing that grinds my gears worst of all is that I have front and rear cameras in the truck, which record on a 30 second cycle; I turned the key off before the cycle filed itself so I have literally days of record and the only one that mattered is missing. If you have a dash cam, put it on a separate switch from the ignition. It's engineering stupidity to have a device that depends on the vehicle's battery for critical events, it should be built with an internal battery or capacitor that allows file completion in the event of electrical failure. Grr.

That all said, it was a fantastic Spine Raid and we all had a magnificent time. Already looking forward to next year, and looking towards some 'pre- raid travelling around there next season (as this season is quite obviously at an end). 
Thanks for asking after us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

We're fine, if stiff with some sore spots. The Himalayan got a slightly bent shifter, the LeMans got a tiny bit of broken fin on the sump with scuffed paint on the lower fairing, and the 'Sport needs some filler and paint on the bodywork and the seats are usable but nicked up. There's an oil leak somewhere and the cooler took a minor hit from the wheel chock. Mirrors and T/S damage. Overall, insignificant. The trailer needs some heavy repair at the tongue and mounting points for fender/lamps. The truck, well, we'll see. There's minor frame damage, certainly repairable but not necessarily economical as it doesn't book well enough to warrant collision coverage. I may actually hire a traffic attorney to sort out the towing and insurance- 2 trucks x 100 miles was $3500 to get it all home, and there are 3 separate road service policies to sort out. The one silver lining is that I actually carry collision on the 'Sport so I'll recover all but the deductible. 

The thing that grinds my gears worst of all is that I have front and rear cameras in the truck, which record on a 30 second cycle; I turned the key off before the cycle filed itself so I have literally days of record and the only one that mattered is missing. If you have a dash cam, put it on a separate switch from the ignition. It's engineering stupidity to have a device that depends on the vehicle's battery for critical events, it should be built with an internal battery or capacitor that allows file completion in the event of electrical failure. Grr.

That all said, it was a fantastic Spine Raid and we all had a magnificent time. Already looking forward to next year, and looking towards some 'pre- raid travelling around there next season (as this season is quite obviously at an end). 
Thanks for asking after us.

Glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt, very sorry to hear about the motorcycle/truck damage. 

That all said, it was a fantastic Spine Raid and we all had a magnificent time. Already looking forward to next year, and looking towards some 'pre- raid travelling around there next season. 

I agree, maybe we should plan a "Spring Meet" gathering the Spine Raider's together to ride, just a thought.......

:2c::drink::bier: :race:

• Like 4

Ummm yes we should get the preraid activities underway as soon as possible, as In climbing more mountains, blasting through more curves, eating at more cool places, sharing stories and beverages as soon as possible and often!  
Also I’m glad to hear you are unharmed and the machines didn’t get beaten up very much. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, kalev11 said:

Ummm yes we should get the preraid activities underway as soon as possible, as In climbing more mountains, blasting through more curves, eating at more cool places, sharing stories and beverages as soon as possible and often!  
Also I’m glad to hear you are unharmed and the machines didn’t get beaten up very much. 

spring South'n SpineRaid . . . sSSR . . . has a ring to it! :sun:

Word is, this area has some good riding:
IMG_5531 (002).jpg