At last some recognition: Visordown: Much Appreciated: Top 10 Motorcycles of Yesterday that Are Classics Today

rosso corsa

Oddly, they seem to aim the reader at the later V11 models, but feature a greenie with an aftermarket fairing. There are a few other desirable (to me) models on the list. I look at the old Honda VFRs sometimes, as well as the slab-side Ducati 900SS. I damn near bought an older imported Africa Twin once, the originals were never sold in the US.

I've never really tried to make a profit on motorcycles - just try to enjoy them and maybe break even when I sell the ones I've improved. For Moto Guzzi, I think the Sport and LeMans badges will start to generate more of a premium and the newer models' (late 1980s to early 2000's) values will get pulled up by people who are priced out of the 1970s-early 80s models. For example, my 1989 LeMans 1000 was a fraction of the cost of an early 850 LeMans. If it goes up in value, great. But if it goes down or stays the same, that's fine too, I can still ride it.

I suppose if anyone on this forum has an investment-grade portfolio of V11s it would be Twin AH. @Twin AH maybe we could get some pics of that collection of pristine and unmolested examples? You know, the results of all those "wanted" topics you've posted?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I almost bought a beautiful low mileage Ducati 900 SS desmo before I saw my V-11. It only had the 1/2 fairing which I could have dealt with, but I couldn't come to terms with the yellow paint. I don't know how much people are actually getting for the v-11 variants I've seen listed but the asking prices seem to have gone up some since I've been paying attention. When I start to add up how much it has cost me to un-customize my V-11 to my satisfaction in addition to regular maintenance and upkeep, the prospect of a profit at the end is highly unlikely. I better keep my day job.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, deadpen69 said:

I almost bought a beautiful low mileage Ducati 900 SS desmo before I saw my V-11. It only had the 1/2 fairing which I could have dealt with, but I couldn't come to terms with the yellow paint. I don't know how much people are actually getting for the v-11 variants I've seen listed but the asking prices seem to have gone up some since I've been paying attention. When I start to add up how much it has cost me to un-customize my V-11 to my satisfaction in addition to regular maintenance and upkeep, the prospect of a profit at the end is highly unlikely. I better keep my day job.

what year was the Duk? I prefer the CR, and yellow!

If memory serves me it was a 98 or 99 with like 5000 miles and the guy wanted $3800. It sat on craigslist for a month in the middle of summer. I also love the late80's Gsx-R bikes with the big dual headlights.  If the guy would have been selling one of these I might never have stumbled on to my v-11. I'm glad I got the Guzzi but this is one sexy bike.

61ea5e6fd4e6fc07a66e3df9.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Yes the pre 98 are my favorite, like the SP you've posted. I didn't care for what came after. The SP was better equipped than the CR but I preferred the half fairing look.. I like to see motors.

Ducati 900SS CR - Classic Super BikesClassic Super Bikes

Thats the one! It looks better in your pic. The half fairing is actually really cool, but I still prefer red. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Scud said:

Oddly, they seem to aim the reader at the later V11 models, but feature a greenie with an aftermarket fairing. There are a few other desirable (to me) models on the list. I look at the old Honda VFRs sometimes, as well as the slab-side Ducati 900SS. I damn near bought an older imported Africa Twin once, the originals were never sold in the US.

I've never really tried to make a profit on motorcycles - just try to enjoy them and maybe break even when I sell the ones I've improved. For Moto Guzzi, I think the Sport and LeMans badges will start to generate more of a premium and the newer models' (late 1980s to early 2000's) values will get pulled up by people who are priced out of the 1970s-early 80s models. For example, my 1989 LeMans 1000 was a fraction of the cost of an early 850 LeMans. If it goes up in value, great. But if it goes down or stays the same, that's fine too, I can still ride it.

I suppose if anyone on this forum has an investment-grade portfolio of V11s it would be Twin AH. @Twin AH maybe we could get some pics of that collection of pristine and unmolested examples? You know, the results of all those "wanted" topics you've posted?

Your a naughty boy Scud and do appreciate you as well as all members in assisting me when possible.

Of all those members as well as others outside of this group I would hope you felt you were treated with courtesy respect and discretion throughout the entire transaction/s.

and ScudI I do appreciate your acknowledgement of my many years of hunting for these machines I desire 

But you must know I am a private person with nothing to prove to any one.  

If I could ever figure out how to present decent photo representations of these machines one day I would be more than willing to show those who have interest.

Docc;   You know I speak the truth.  ;)   

g

Gentleman

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Here's my new version of the bike.  I've got 22k miles on it.  

337B42571F9A4817943D4254A76FA115.jpg

These are one of the few motorcycle that still look really attractive with factory panniers fitted. Very nice lines.

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1