V11 greenie in trouble

laurent

1 hour ago, docc said:

So here are a few images that may help. It is very hard to get images of it in situ.

LowRyter's installation from the right looking forward:

072D107089A44A7BAF02742EDC33A619.jpg

MySport looking down from the left side (tank, airbox, starter, all removed), barely visible beyond the injector:

IMG_2739.JPG

From the left through the "throttle rod tunnel":

IMG_2757.jpg

The mounting tab, on the early RedFrame only, seen midway on this frame turned bottom side up:

Screen%20Shot%202020-11-15%20at%206.29.2

One more from the left (tank and airbox removed) :

frame_plate.JPG

Crap, my frame does not have any upper attachment means/nothing the plate can bolt onto...it seems the bracket will be no good for my frame.

IMG_8387.JPG

• Sad 1

My 3/2000 Sport has the tab. Apparently, it was eliminated for the 2001 >black< ShortFrame "Rosso Mandello."

Your Greenie Sport is a 2001, @laurent?

If you you feel up along the bottom of the Spine? Is the tab there?

9 minutes ago, docc said:

My 3/2000 Sport has the tab. Apparently, it was eliminated for the 2001 >black< ShortFrame "Rosso Mandello."

Your Greenie Sport is a 2001, @laurent?

If you you feel up along the bottom of the Spine? Is the tab there?

I am feeling along the bottom of her spine....remember she's naked..sorry couldn't help it. No definitely no tabs along the bottom of the spine :(

on the id plate it says 9-2000

• Thanks 1

Is your Sport titled as a 2001, then?

If I recall correctly, this is the first RedFrame we have seen without the Frame Plate mounting tab.

Also, IIRC, our member @Tinus89 added a frame tab to his 2001 Rosso Mandello to install the mid-frame support plate . . .

30 minutes ago, docc said:

If I recall correctly, this is the first RedFrame we have seen without the Frame Plate mounting tab.

Also, IIRC, our member @Tinus89 added a frame tab to his 2001 Rosso Mandello to install the mid-frame support plate . . .

Yes it is titled as a 2001

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, docc said:

My tag is marked 6-2000 and my frame is equipped with the tab. I guess we've already figured out the early 2000's was not a good time for Moto Guzzi! What a bummer. @laurent I would be happy to try and pull some good measurements for you as I have an unmolested tab with nothing mounted to it presently. Let me know.

Very weird. I thought the tabs were carried over from the Centauros and we’re there until the later V11 long frame. Every factory parts diagram I have seen for the red frame era bikes shows the frame with the tab and the bracket. An anomaly.

My 01 Greenie tittled 01 with # have no sign of a bracket, or the painter did a great job removing any signs of a bracket . IPA time here Cheers Tom.
06c8f905bc71289b858262f0cee1668c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Thanks 1