Mighty Scura's latest care taker

Ratso88

Hey, hello all.

Thanks Chuck for the introduction.

Yes, the Mighty Scura has a new pair of hands caring for her. Still keeping it local in Indiana.

A bit about me. As Chuck mentioned I'm a 20+year aircraft mechanic and life long tinkerer of all things mechanical. The Mighty Scura being the fifth Guzzi I've owned. She'll be joining my current Guzzi stable of a '13 GRiSO and a '67 V700. I'll be adding a '74 Police Eldorado in a week or two. I'm going to need a bigger shop now for sure. Also a current member of the Indiana Chapter of the Moto Guzzi Owners Club. I've enjoyed meeting the my fellow enthusiast and being able to assist when I can. Really, it was my wife's idea for me to join up. She said since I had the new GRiSO I had to join the club and make friends. So I'm out there making friends. I've been to a couple of the rallies here in the Mid West and had a good time every time. I am looking forward to participating and meeting fellow riders.

On parting with Chuck this afternoon I might have detected a tear in the corner of his eye. Not quite sure since it was raining.

Finally, nice of Chuck to post up a cheesey photo of me.  Now I don't have to.

• Like 6

Hey Colt,

Good to see you made it here to the enthusiasts site. 😁

Chuck in his homage to the Mighty Scura said, ‘it was the bike that taught him how to dance’. Hopefully you will have the same special relationship 

Cheers

Hi Tim, yeah, hope I can keep from stepping on my own feet!

I kinda migrated over here a bit ago on your and Chuck's advice. Seems a good place to exchange information and ideas.

Just waiting on the weather now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chuck said:

:luigi::race:Wrenchin and riding.. what's not to like? :thumbsup:

Wrenchin..

Welcome aboard Ratso88!  👍😎

You’re a very, very fortunate man - it’s been proselytised here over the years your new to you Mighty Scura is the absolute numero uno, most complete, powerful 2v square head ever perfected streetwise by Guzzidom’s Archangel Michael - hence attributively blessed with the eloquent moniker Mighty Scura.

It is by faith we chosen few believe…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Colt, 

I’ve been re-reading some of the threads; 

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20201-re-engineering-the-shift-spring/page/51/

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19547-v11-shift-improvement/page/4/#comment-213468

Building up my confidence to tackle some of these jobs as I’m a part-time mechanic & have many opportunities to learn from my mistakes 🙄, & going over the  conversations there are a lot of experienced clever people here willing to share their knowledge & develop solutions to some of the V11 Sports imperfections. A good group of riders. 👍

• Like 4

Tim, thanks for the topic links. I do get the impression from poking around this forum that this is a fairly dedicated and knowledgeable group, with out all the BS’ing around. I like it.

As far as tackeling various tasks it sounds like you’re on the right track. Do the research and take your time. And, help or moral support or both aren’t far away.

I’m looking forward to participating, for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the Scura. Great bikes. They're definitely a different animal from the other V11s. They sit a little higher, rev a little quicker, slightly faster. Oh, and the flywheels can explode.. 🤣 But if you bought one, you know.  Chuck's was already sorted. You're good. 

I'm fortunate to own one too. I love it. I need to ride it more often though. I may just pull her out today. 

PSX_20210509_203309.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Welcome aboard Ratso88;   

Colt, as you can probably tell, the Mighty Scura is a somewhat mystical legendary bike among us guzzisti.

I know how much it meant to Chuck, to ensure that it was placed in the care of the right hands.

I get the impression he was successful in achieving that goal.

Wishing you many safe miles and smiles on your new ride.

Kelly

• Like 1

Rox, Kelly, for sure I’m feeling pretty lucky. A mythic bike in the shop is some what humbling. Responsibility to a whole host of individuals not to screw this up.

Right now, the weather needs to start cooperating somI can get her out on the road. No sitting up on a pedestal. No harsh abuse either. You want to make it last and enjoy.

^^^^ That was always my plan, Colt. :thumbsup: Of course, being a big valve Guzzi, she'll need valve guides done sooner or later.. but that's an easy enough job. Garage Queen isn't in her nature. Punch the button and go.