9 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

I'll throw in a free meal at Black's on Sunday after the race for you John...come on down!  :)

considering how the Italian meal went in Poteau ...  we'd likely never find each other

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

COTA will be exciting...another new winner likely unless the KING comes back, but I doubt he'll make it unfortunately.

We should know tomorrow, Tuesday April 5th.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LowRyter said:

considering how the Italian meal went in Poteau ...  we'd likely never find each other

We don't have to ride together, just arrive at the same place.  Much easier to do!  You already know where Blacks is anyway!  Open invitation...I'll head there after the race, if you want to join, send me a text, otherwise, no worries!

We did have a nice Italian meal in Poteau, just didn't ride back together, so I'm proposing a meal, not a ride!  Lesson learned!  Ha ha!

Hmm. Black's.  

Unfortunately, after the race on Sunday, I point my bike west and start heading back to Mesa, AZ.  Hoping to catch some dinner at Black's one of the nights.

Personally, I hope MM sits this one out.  If I have to watch MM lead flag to flag ONE MORE TIME . . . 

Nice to see Aprilia success. Here's to hoping that their new Aprilia Taureg 660 is available for demo rides !

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Hmm. Black's.  

Unfortunately, after the race on Sunday, I point my bike west and start heading back to Mesa, AZ.  Hoping to catch some dinner at Black's one of the nights.

Personally, I hope MM sits this one out.  If I have to watch MM lead flags to flags ONE MORE TIME . . . 

Nice to see Aprilia success. Here's to hoping that their new Aprilia Taureg 660 is available for demo rides !

Fixed it for you.....

16 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Hmm. Black's.  

Personally, I hope MM sits this one out.  If I have to watch MM lead flag to flag ONE MORE TIME . . . 

Friday or Saturday after the track action is a good time to sample some Lockhart BBQ, there are 3 or 4 famous places there.  I've sampled at least three of them.  The toll road is 90 85mph and I've been passed by motorcops going faster when I was doing 95.

This isn't like typical pork BBQ with red sauce.  It's smoked with salt and pepper with no sauce, whether beef or pork. I think the biggest treats are the beef dinosaur ribs.  The problem with trying to sample a little of everything, is that it's easy over order.  

I was tired of seeing MM win there.  I was cheering for his first win and perhaps a couple of more.  Now it would be neat to see if he can recover.  I did see Suzuki win it's first race (Rins) and Rossi get 2nd.  And of course MM's great qualifying effort after jumping his broken bike- great view from T1.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

If you have Amazon prime ( or even if you don't you can get a 30 day free trial) I highly recommend this series on Mot GP done by Amazon .

A great seldom seen ( by most of us) glimpse behind the scenes on the riders and their teams.

https://www.amazon.com/MotoGP-Unlimited-4K-UHD-Season/dp/B09QGNV7JH

I started to watch. Interesting the episode 2 with the brothers in GP...

• Confused 1

According to Spanish newspapers, Marc Marquez is riding a Honda 600 to understand where he stands with physical conditions.

We will probably know today if he is going to ride this week-end at COTA. I feel that he will. I don't know why.

• 3 weeks later...

That was a crazy race. Good on FQ, he really made the most of the Yamaha. Clearly he is the only guy able to get that sort of speed out of the Yamaha. No one else on a Yamaha has that sort of speed. But I can't see him being able to do that at too many tracks. This track allowed him to do that, in part because it doesn't have any long straights that you come out onto from slow corners. When FQ went by the Suzuki he flew by down that short straight. He must have carried so much more speed onto that short straight. Wow.

The Moto2 race was something of a disaster for most of the fast guys. Good on Joe Roberts. But I was more impressed with Cameron Beaubier. He seemed to have some serious pace.

• Like 3

@GuzziMoto

Fabio is bound to have the same performance at Jerez. This is the consensus.

I think we could see a repeat of Portimao at Jerez. Not only FQ was the best Yamaha, but he also had no competition in the field.

Speaking with Johann Zarco on Monday evening (not me directly), he said that if he had managed to start as well as FQ, he may have been able to stay with him. But Zarco said he needed several curves before he could really trust his front end to start to push.

Fabio said something interesting about his early objective to not have a Ducati in front of him. He said that the way Ducati corners makes them challenging to overtake, unlike all other motorcycles in the field.

Zarco spoke about his future and while he said he would welcome to stay at Pramac, he said he was aware every opportunity is being considered, including younger pilots from Moto2.

Is Joe Roberts affiliated with the Kenny Roberts family? a grand son perhaps? I am sure I could look it up. I watched the race, and saw that Beaubier was doing well before that massive crash. The race direction should have stopped the race once rain started to fall; I guess it is not an exact science and there are too many interests at play.

Also, because some of the riders did not bring their motorbikes via the race track, within the 5' allocated to do so, they could not restart. When the accident's cause is race direction allowing to race on unsuitable track for slick tires, it feels like a double dip.

30 minutes ago, p6x said:

@GuzziMoto

Fabio is bound to have the same performance at Jerez. This is the consensus.

I think we could see a repeat of Portimao at Jerez. Not only FQ was the best Yamaha, but he also had no competition in the field.

Speaking with Johann Zarco on Monday evening (not me directly), he said that if he had managed to start as well as FQ, he may have been able to stay with him. But Zarco said he needed several curves before he could really trust his front end to start to push.

Fabio said something interesting about his early objective to not have a Ducati in front of him. He said that the way Ducati corners makes them challenging to overtake, unlike all other motorcycles in the field.

Zarco spoke about his future and while he said he would welcome to stay at Pramac, he said he was aware every opportunity is being considered, including younger pilots from Moto2.

Is Joe Roberts affiliated with the Kenny Roberts family? a grand son perhaps? I am sure I could look it up. I watched the race, and saw that Beaubier was doing well before that massive crash. The race direction should have stopped the race once rain started to fall; I guess it is not an exact science and there are too many interests at play.

Also, because some of the riders did not bring their motorbikes via the race track, within the 5' allocated to do so, they could not restart. When the accident's cause is race direction allowing to race on unsuitable track for slick tires, it feels like a double dip.

Yeah, I can see FQ doing well at some tracks beyond this past weekend, tracks like Jerez for example. But I also can see him struggling to even be in the top 10 at other tracks. That could be his downfall in the championship chase.

Joe Roberts is not related to Kenny Roberts, it is just coincidence that his name is Roberts. He raced in the Red Bull Rookies Cup series for a few years, but really didn't do anything amazing.

He came back to the US to race back in 2014, 2015, and 2016. He did well. But was running lesser classes like Stock600 and SuperSport. Then he jumped back up to the world stage, getting a ride in Moto2. I don't think he has really raced at the top level in this country. His focus seems to be on Europe and the world stage. He seems to be well connected,  his friends include people like John Ulrich it seems. And he is talented, but I am not sure he has the talent required to win a world championship. I would like to see him do well. But he has had a shot on some of the best teams in Moto2 and so far he hasn't put it together. But the reality in motorcycle racing is it isn't just the rider and their talent. And it isn't just the quality of the team and bike. It is the right combination of rider, team, and bike. It takes all three, and often some luck as well.

@GuzziMoto

If you remember, Fabio Quartararo started his motorcycling racing career in Spain. Any racing circuit in Spain he would be familiar with, given that he raced there on numerous occasions.

As for Joe Roberts, and not only, e.g. Fabio Quartararo and many others, the only way to make it to MotoGP is to race in one of the rookie cups organized in Europe. Europe no longer being the sole organizer. Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and many other countries have started to look for talent early in the years. If you come out of the pack, then Europe is the spring board, especially Spain.

There used to be many US pilots in MotoGP, but the supply has dried up since Hayden won the MotoGP in 2006.

There are lots of European pilots, a few non European. Maybe Beaubier and Roberts will end up in GP?

Young Roberts impresses me with his very calm demeanor...I do hope he can start to develop a successful career.

As much as I love watching Marquez, he's clearly diminished in his capacity at the moment, so I think Moto GP should be promoting the other Spanish riders who are far higher up in the ranking this year than #93...it seems a bit unfair that they don't give the other riders enough "air time".

At any rate, good to see Fabio back in play here...he rode a fantastic ride last race, reminded me of Marquez's dominance at COTA.