On 5/17/2022 at 10:59 AM, GuzziMoto said:

I don't know that anything has been "ruled out".

But it is true that some things would require MotoGP to change its rules. But as MotoGP seems very keen to get another manufacturer to replace Suzuki it would not surprise me if they change their rules. I don't understand why you think anyone who bought the Suzuki MotoGP team could not develop the bike. But I would expect that anyone who bought the team, if that happened, would only be buying it to get their foot in the door. Depending on the buyer I would expect that within a couple years the team would field their own bike. But until then they could run the Suzuki. Not completely different than when Kawasaki left, but different.

There are always fans who boo certain racers. I don't agree with it for the most part, but it is what it is. People are people. Human nature means people are dicks. Aside from that it seems the crowd in France was massive for the track. I mean, that track could not hold more people. But honestly that crowd at Indy would look sparse. It is all relative.

I meant unachievable. MotoGP bikes have to be continuously developed to be competitive the following year. I have no information pertaining to this, but I am certain Suzuki is not working on a 2023  bike. The only assurance given by Suzuki, is they will continue to support the team until the final Grand-Prix. Now, this is my opinion, maybe there is a possible solution with Suzuki next year, I just don't believe in it.

As for the spectator's attitude, I am with you. From what I heard, it is impossible to sleep in the camping for the three nights; Thursday, Friday, Saturday. During all the night, people are revving their bikes. Crazy!

6 hours ago, guzzigary said:

Suzuki’s financial concerns are around being involved in the latest emissions scandal in Europe 

Have you noticed that Suzuki seems to be dropping the motorcycle business altogether?

1 hour ago, p6x said:

Have you noticed that Suzuki seems to be dropping the motorcycle business altogether?

No more 'Busas or V-stroms? :wacko:

No Bergmans? :mellow:

1 hour ago, docc said:

No more 'Busas or V-stroms? :wacko:

No Bergmans? :mellow:

That's what I mean. What's new from Suzuki? I was still going to kindergarden when the Hayabusa came out; V-strom and Bergman.

Even Moto-Guzzi came up with a ghost motorcycle they named the V100 Mandello... :wub:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, p6x said:

Even Moto-Guzzi came up with a ghost motorcycle they named the V100 Mandello... :wub:

Can you imagine the value of these two-only "concept" bikes in the years to come . . .

2022-Moto-Guzzi-V100-Mandello-01.jpg&f=1

Of course, now I want one more than ever. That elusive, coy Italian seduction at work . . .

• Like 1
Just now, docc said:

Can you imagine the value of these two-only "concept" bikes in the years to come . . .

You know, I am really wondering what the future has in store.

The emission rules are going to get so drastic that no thermal engine will be able to be certified. I am of course talking about Europe.

The USA will be spared but are the manufacturers going to only make bikes for one market? and these rules are going to happen starting in 2025.

I think we are going to be happy to own our V11 for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Or do we pool our resources and move the Mandello factory to the Texas Hill Country like the London Bridge was moved to Arizona?

Time's a'wastin', y'all!

?url=https:%252F%252Fcalifornia-times-br

• Like 1
12 hours ago, docc said:

Of course, now I want one more than ever. That elusive, coy Italian seduction at work . . .

Wrong thread for this comment, but Guzzi did the same thing with the Griso and it worked. I was lined up at the dealer to buy one long before it existed. 

I think that long time between first sighting and release helps because Guzzi people take time to warm to new models. Especially when it introduces revolutionary things like water cooling.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, docc said:

The VM Motori V6 diesel has had a good reputation. My son has one in a 4 door 4x4 RAM pickup. It is surprisingly capable and powerful, yet light, quiet, and reasonable fuel economy

From the internet, and if it is on the internet it must be true....

"This engine was designed to provide better fuel economy than a gas engine would be able to achieve in a heavy truck or SUV; and it delivers on this promise. Where it starts to fall short, however, is reliability. The VM Motori EcoDiesel has been plagued with durability issues since its release, leading to some drastic actions from Chrysler in response. First the engine’s recommended oil viscosity was increased to 5w40 from the thinner 5w30 that the engine first used. Later, Chrysler released software changes for the engine’s computer which changed the torque curve at lower RPM, in order to take some pressure off the engine main bearings. While these changes have helped, the engine is still far from what we’d consider calling “robust”. Because – like all modern diesels – the engine is fitted with all kinds of very intricate and expensive parts, it’s an engine that owners should try to maintain as well as they possibly can."

http://mygarageairdrie.ca/our-top-5-engines-that-require-absolutely-religious-oil-changes/

Out of all the companies making diesel engines to choose from to source your diesel engine if you don't want to make your own I am not sure Stellantis / FCA would have been my choice. And I won't be surprised when it hits the fan that the engine in your son's Ram is recalled because it was cheating on emissions.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

Wrong thread for this comment, but Guzzi did the same thing with the Griso and it worked. I was lined up at the dealer to buy one long before it existed. 

I think that long time between first sighting and release helps because Guzzi people take time to warm to new models. Especially when it introduces revolutionary things like water cooling.

However circumstances are different today. I am seeing more and more Tesla and other electrical vehicles; and I live in Texas!!!

Are there so many poised in waiting for Guzzi to come out with a release date? what is today's market for this bike? honestly, I don't know. The more I look at my V11, and the better I am persuaded it satisfies all my needs, and I don't need anything else more modern.

I am close to 16,000 miles, I got it with 8000 last year. It goes wherever I want relentlessly. Save for the starting hiccup, I feel confident on it, nothing can stop us.

• Like 1

Jack Gagne à gagné race one in Virginia. Petrucci was clearly not cutting it on this track. Finished four but 15 seconds behind the winner.

I don't think the Ducati can do much on this kind of track, besides Danilo's ability. The three Yams went around him like he was not even there.

This track looks more like a go-kart track than a motorbike raceway. Or is it just my impression?

• Like 1

My bad! Jack Gagne a encore gagné race 2....

this time Petrux did 3, and 3 seconds behind the winner.

He learned fast, or corrected his setup in between the two races.

Still leads the championship, but Scholtz and Gagne are catching up.

17 hours ago, p6x said:

My bad! Jack Gagne a encore gagné race 2....

this time Petrux did 3, and 3 seconds behind the winner.

He learned fast, or corrected his setup in between the two races.

Still leads the championship, but Scholtz and Gagne are catching up.

What I heard was Petrucci was having issues getting the engine braking right, in the first race he did not have enough engine braking and it made him feel like he wasn't going to slow down enough for the corners. Supposedly one of the commentators made a comment to him mentioning being impressed by how deep he was going in on the brakes into corners, Petrucci said that it wasn't that he was going in deep but that he couldn't slow down fast enough because the engine braking wasn't right.

I have raced that track, and it is really multiple tracks in one, The section from the tight right hander after the esses to the hair pin that heads you back down the hill is fairly tight and pretty hokey. The section coming back down the hill across the start finish line into turn 1 is crazy fast. Turn 2 to the hokey right after the esses is not bad,  but much slower then coming down the hill. All in all, I wasn't a fan of the track from a racers perspective. It is too dangerous and lacks proper run off in some areas. I wonder if it would be better if they ran the full track? At least it would get rid of that make shift section from the right after the esses to the hair pin that send you back down the hill. That part of the track is hokey (it bears mentioning again).

I do think we got a glimpse of Petrucci's true competition. Gagne is fast, but his start to the season was off. It probably won't be as easy as it was at COTA and Road Atlanta. Plus some of the tracks aren't up to the standards of those first two tracks. Gagne is used to it, but Petrucci hasn't raced on tracks like that in a long time, if ever. I think he can do it, if you can race Dakar you can race anywhere.

11 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

What I heard was Petrucci was having issues getting the engine braking right, in the first race he did not have enough engine braking and it made him feel like he wasn't going to slow down enough for the corners. Supposedly one of the commentators made a comment to him mentioning being impressed by how deep he was going in on the brakes into corners, Petrucci said that it wasn't that he was going in deep but that he couldn't slow down fast enough because the engine braking wasn't right.

I have raced that track, and it is really multiple tracks in one, The section from the tight right hander after the esses to the hair pin that heads you back down the hill is fairly tight and pretty hokey. The section coming back down the hill across the start finish line into turn 1 is crazy fast. Turn 2 to the hokey right after the esses is not bad,  but much slower then coming down the hill. All in all, I wasn't a fan of the track from a racers perspective. It is too dangerous and lacks proper run off in some areas. I wonder if it would be better if they ran the full track? At least it would get rid of that make shift section from the right after the esses to the hair pin that send you back down the hill. That part of the track is hokey (it bears mentioning again).

I do think we got a glimpse of Petrucci's true competition. Gagne is fast, but his start to the season was off. It probably won't be as easy as it was at COTA and Road Atlanta. Plus some of the tracks aren't up to the standards of those first two tracks. Gagne is used to it, but Petrucci hasn't raced on tracks like that in a long time, if ever. I think he can do it, if you can race Dakar you can race anywhere.

There was an article from Petrucci on Moto.it today. He said he took a tumble in the straight right after the finish line, while going fast. Allegedly avoiding another pilot.

He said he was not impressed by the safety assistance; reported he waited a long time before anyone showed up to help.

I looked at the YouTube highlights of the race, but they don't show the crash. Just him coming out of it.

There is probably not as much safety as in MotoGP, still.... a bit scary.

More gossip about MotoGP. By the way, tomorrow we have the Italian MotoGP.

Aprilia has signed Aleix and Maverick for two more years.

Seems that Mir is slated to replace Pol at Honda.

Jack Miller may go to KTM to replace Oliveira, or Pramac, or remain in Ducati factory.

It seems that the current RNF team will swap bikes with Aprilia. We may have four Aprilia next year.

Dorna said that another/only a factory team will replace Suzuki. This remains a mystery. Maybe the Chinese? they would need to poach a lot of talent to make it viable though. Some think maybe Yamaha will have another team to compensate losing RNF.