IGNORED

Drilling the Pork Chops

Jake

Has anyone on here tried drilling out the centre of the “pork chops” to emulate the earlier Sport 1100/Daytona ones? I know the weight saving is virtually non existent, I just prefer the look - but I wouldn’t want to compromise the strength of the plates obviously…

thanks for any input

Jake 

Thanks for that… I’ve seen it done on a couple of V11s & liked the look of it but maybe not such a good idea… I’ll leave it alone I think! 

• Like 1

I've always wonder what these "pork chops" were and what they did.

Personally, I prefer "pork steaks".  Not quite as dry.  I like to grill them with a full hickory smoke box with chips and pellets.  Sometimes with BBQ rub but otherwise with garlic powder, onion power, salt & pepper.  Juicy but well done.  

No, I never drill or put holes  in my pork steaks.....since pork chops can be dry, perhaps?

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2022 at 12:26 AM, LowRyter said:

I've always wonder what these "pork chops" were and what they did.

Personally, I prefer "pork steaks".  Not quite as dry.  I like to grill them with a full hickory smoke box with chips and pellets.  Sometimes with BBQ rub but otherwise with garlic powder, onion power, salt & pepper.  Juicy but well done.  

No, I never drill or put holes  in my pork steaks.....since pork chops can be dry, perhaps?

damn, now i’m hungry…

• Haha 1