That's awesome. Great that the race is back on. I guess they worked around what ever problem they had in the past with the Duc's exhaust hitting after catching air on the course.

Btw, there's lots of footage of Joey racing Isle of Man in the Duke vintage video series.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Kane said:

That's awesome. Great that the race is back on. I guess they worked around what ever problem they had in the past with the Duc's exhaust hitting after catching air on the course.

Btw, there's lots of footage of Joey racing Isle of Man in the Duke vintage video series.

Cheers!

I've never heard of this issue, tell me more.

Ciao

Someone told me that the Ducati bikes were getting beat up by the course, part being the low exhaust getting bashed by the bumps and coming off from the rises in the road.

32 minutes ago, Kane said:

Someone told me that the Ducati bikes were getting beat up by the course, part being the low exhaust getting bashed by the bumps and coming off from the rises in the road.

Not aware of that. Until the Panagale in 2 and 4 cylinder guises the open class Ducatis weren't really reliable enough for the TT. In WSB on short circuits they only had a 1000klm engine life and the TT is a lot harder on engines than even WSB. The cost of running a Ducati Superbike there would have been prohibitive I think. The V4 is another matter though.

A few have competed on the 1098 and 1198, a German name Karsten Schmidt in 2008 and 2011 and also Michael Rutter in 2011 who managed a 123.916mph average, not too shabby.

We ran out F2 Ducati in 1986 and experienced no pipe to ground issues. We did crack a shock mount on the swingarm though which didn't result in a DNF and as it crossed the finish line in the Senior race it popped the rear carb off the inlet manifold when our rider shut the throttle. 

Ciao

First owner of my Scura R was a Manxman - it was only after testing its limits on a few laps around the TT course that he traded it back in for an Aprilia with Paul Dedman.

After finalising deal with Paul I’d requested his contact & in speaking with him - I remember him saying he’d just wished it had more top end speed!!

Guess some guy’s always look for more if it’s out there…

Anyhoo I really dig Ashley Law competed the TT on a V11 Tenni tho!
image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1