Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

1 hour ago, docc said:

@p6x, AFAIK, the passenger seat cover is the same fitment and same mounting across the entire V11 range.

Perhaps those of you who have, or have had, various V11 can confirm?

[As of this post, 24 hours after @FreyZI posted the offer to sign up, I count four of us:

FreyZI, docc, Joe, and GuzziMoto with Lucky Phil waiting in the wings with his usual cautious circumspection. :nerd: ]

If color = red, then P6x = 1 or if color <> red, then P6x = 0

Don't really need one, I have one already, but just for support... (my birthday is on March 30th, so I can probably pass it as a birthday present to myself.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, docc said:

FWIW, it is my Moto Guzzi "For Off Road Use Only" (Mistral?) accessory canisters I am hoping to compliment . . .

IMG_8664.jpg

Thanks, Docc. Looks same as my Mistrals (though mine are ovular). Looks like your V11 is collecting some images? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, docc said:

I know this will be off topic and borderline decorum, but my Caruso gears were dropped at a Royal Post Office in the heart of England (Leicestershire) Thursday last and was processed through our USPS, New York, before midnight last night (3 days). Don't get me wrong, our USPS could fumble it around mightily from here, but it is in country and likely to be in my hands, from the UK, in about a week.

AUS is not receiving parcels from the USA? :wacko:

No docc their std airmail service hasn't been operating to here for probably a year due Covid. To the UK is still ok though and I think AU post to the states is still ok. Just no USPS from the states. Scud posted me a top triple clamp about 3 months ago via his work courier service on corporate rate and it was $75US if I recall. So around 100AU.

Ciao 

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, FreyZI said:

Thanks, Docc. Looks same as my Mistrals (though mine are ovular). Looks like your V11 is collecting some images? 

Photos I produced for a college upper level art class (that I did not belong in).

"Fragility" (the light bulbs on the drum head) perhaps suggest the series of Veglia instruments that went by the wayside . . .

"Per-SEV-erance" (the car struggling against the logs) speak to my Sport's service to me over all this time. And distance.

She deserves Carbon Fiber panties to show off that fine booty . . .  :sun:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, p6x said:

Don't really need one, I have one already, but just for support... (my birthday is on March 30th, so I can probably pass it as a birthday present to myself.

So, @FreyZI, can the color variation availability/pricing difference be confirmed by Riggeals?

(P6x  would make us five . . .)

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

their std airmail service hasn't been operating to here for probably a year due Covid.

FYI, From USPS:

1Effective Friday, March 11, 2022, the Postal Service™ will resume acceptance of the following services destined to Australia.

• First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS)
  • Commercial ePacket (CeP)
  • International Priority Airmail (IPA) Packets
  • International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) Packets

Customers are asked to refrain from mailing the following services to Australia until further notice:

• Priority Mail International (PMI)
  • Airmail M-bags
  • International Priority Airmail (IPA) M-bags
  • International Surface Air Lift (ISAL) M-bags
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, p6x said:

If color = red, but color red = +$65, then @p6x = 1?

• Like 1

Spoke with Greg today.  50% upcharge on kelvar/carbon color weave (currently available colors are red, blue, and orange).  I suggested that there might be a couple folks with Greenies that would like a green weave, but he hasn't been happy with the green -- too yellow.  Anyway, if he doesn't have the color in stock, he isn't going to order a whole roll of it.

Matte finish to match mufflers, etc., would be by applied finish, not by vacuum method.  The backing would be a carbon fibre-looking cloth (he says customers swear he did carbon backing, too) to add some structural integrity.  As I mentioned, my existing c/f hump has fiberglass backing, so this should be an improvement if smooth and almost indistinguishable from the outside.

@Lucky Phil, maybe there's a way to consolidate a couple items into a shipment to down under if you "need" other things from the States, too?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FreyZI said:

Matte finish to match mufflers, etc., would be by applied finish, not by vacuum method.

Good evening, If I'm understanding you correctly, they would come out of the mold high gloss and a clear matte, semi- gloss or whatever would be applied by the end user?

If we could come in $220 or better and it pretty closely matches my screen. You guys can count me in for one.

I'd be super interested to see a sample of what the CF surface will look like.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, deadpen69 said:

Good evening, If I'm understanding you correctly, they would come out of the mold high gloss and a clear matte, semi- gloss or whatever would be applied by the end user?

No, they would do the matte finish. 

Here's what Greg shared about the process, through my filter:  The C/F parts that come out with a matte-looking finish are made with a vacuum process that pulls resin through the fiber, but also pulls a lot of the resin off the part altoghether, leaving a very thin part (possibly with teenie-tiny holes), but more susceptible to cracking.  In a non-vacuum process, the resin remains on the surface of the C/F, resulting in a glossy finish.  Thus, the application (by the fabricator) of a matte coating.  I guess they don't have a lot of folks wanting a matte finish, but says they can do it (I left my vacuum/matte side panel with Greg so he knew what to match (for me)).  It's a family business:  Pops and daughter do the C/F work and son-in-law does the paint.  Pops says he's really good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, deadpen69 said:

thumbnail.jpg

I don't know if this is matte or what? More of a satin and certainly not gloss, but it was made by Guzzi so if they match your old pillion cover/booty hump one could assume the weave, color and sheen would be similar. Assuming never got anyone in trouble, right? Eager to see what he comes up with.

Thanks for doing the footwork. Much appreciated

In support of continuing superior V11 refinement, you can count me in on a CF booty lid to match my Carbon Fiber FBF cans on my '03 LM. 

Assume Frey ZI will handle disbursement and the builder will handle shipping?  I expect all that usual collective organizing stuff will follow via comments. 

I'll be on the MotoGP road to Texas for about 2 weeks but available for collecting $ after 4/15/22.

Must say another great effort by the group.  I never know what's the next for "opportunity" for my wallet :mg:

• Like 1