Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

I’m still in on a carbon seat cover, where are we in the process of actually getting them made?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 10:44 AM, FreyZI said:

Good idea, @p6x.  Here's a link to a Google Sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRxzY1vqEMO45avvdnr-WqJcQYiXi14UHwDzr2MFGGgFc7XFzgc8oiuVYhcOXydhyPUZxUBOxQMTQbi/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

And here's a screenshot of what that sheet looks like as I have populated it:

image.png

29 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

Any word?

Good question! Yet, we are only a couple months in, out of three or four?

Only @FreyZI knows when we must move from "Firm" to "Invested" . . . 

22 hours ago, docc said:

Good question! Yet, we are only a couple months in, out of three or four?

Only @FreyZI knows when we must move from "Firm" to "Invested" . . . 

I'd be game for even a 1 off... Or even if Mikko can chime in.. Wanna grab me some carbon... 

• Like 1

All:

Sorry for the delay and for being incommunicado. April and May are always busy months for me, then my kids wrap up school, so lots of other priorities. Now on vacation (hang gliding school with kids) and next week off to Colorado for wedding (I decided instead of renting a car, I'd get a bike, so I have a used sport touring waiting for me to pick up there). Not much free time for Guzzi stuff between all this.

Meanwhile, the fabricator had his big show in Vegas, lost his mold maker, and had a TKR. Between him and me, we haven't had a confluence of time to connect at great length. Last I spoke with him, he was planning to work on it last week and see if he could get quality edges with a different technique. I told him I don't need at mold that can be released a thousand times, so let's see what happens. 

As far as commitments go, there are none. I didn't want to take anyone's money for exactly this reason: the stars not quite aligning and people being pissed at me. It hasn't been a priority for me lately, or the fabricator. It'll be after July 4 by the time I get around to dealing with it, and then I'm at the mercy of the fabricator.

I'll update when I know more, hopefully with pics of a sample. But no guarantees this will be soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Frey do not worry. People will be people and do what they have to do. I appreciate any effort in someone trying to do something cool for the community. Several good things have come together for us here from member efforts just like yours. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not. I wouldn't have the patience for your endeavor, so kudos to you for it.

• Like 7

What footgoose said. No worries. If and when it works out I am in for one. But I can wait, and if it never happens I won't get upset. Life is too short.

Enjoy the hang gliding trip and the Colorado ride. I would love to ride Colorado. We take our Jeep there, love it. Seems like a good place to ride.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, FreyZI said:

All:

Sorry for the delay and for being incommunicado. April and May are always busy months for me, then my kids wrap up school, so lots of other priorities. Now on vacation (hang gliding school with kids) and next week off to Colorado for wedding (I decided instead of renting a car, I'd get a bike, so I have a used sport touring waiting for me to pick up there). Not much free time for Guzzi stuff between all this.

Meanwhile, the fabricator had his big show in Vegas, lost his mold maker, and had a TKR. Between him and me, we haven't had a confluence of time to connect at great length. Last I spoke with him, he was planning to work on it last week and see if he could get quality edges with a different technique. I told him I don't need at mold that can be released a thousand times, so let's see what happens. 

As far as commitments go, there are none. I didn't want to take anyone's money for exactly this reason: the stars not quite aligning and people being pissed at me. It hasn't been a priority for me lately, or the fabricator. It'll be after July 4 by the time I get around to dealing with it, and then I'm at the mercy of the fabricator.

I'll update when I know more, hopefully with pics of a sample. But no guarantees this will be soon.

Hi, @FreyZI !

Just a bump to say I am still looking forward to this project coming around. We are 4 months since the "Answered" post and 6 weeks from the last update. Any news on where we are?

Also, has the commitment list been updated for those who have decided otherwise?

Looks like the Hump/Booty Lid Sheet would edit:

@deadpen69 = Zero

@Tom in Virginia = Zero

@Dan M = +1/ black

@Stumble_t = +1 ?

(I still count 13 plus anyone who is going for more than one.)

• Like 1

I’ll sign up for a glossy black carbon weave hump - if this all succeeds

After some gravel corrugated roads riding my hump fell off at high speed when back on the bitumen

Lucky to have noticed on filling up at next gas station so retraced my route some 15 kms & found it

Guess the new carbon weave job will sort out even better than getting original fixed

• Like 1

I am still in. And I am not in a hurry. It is a want for me, not a need. And it isn't like I am ever selling my Guzzi. It will always be there waiting for a cowl.

• Like 1

…late to this Carbon Fiber frenzy thread, lol. I'm interested depending on final details. thx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1