Tank Bag?

velofish

I'm looking for one of those tank bags that mounts to a ring around the gas cap.  I can't seem to find an application on the Sw-Motech website.  Anyone have any idea which one would fit?

Any ring mount options other than Sw-Motech?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I believe the '02-'05 Aprilia Tuono has the same gas cap as the V11 Sport. Givi makes an Easy Lock Tank Ring for that model: Givi BF02.

The experts here will soon chime in to confirm - or deny...

https://giviusa.com/collections/shiver-750-07-10/products/bf02-tanklock-tank-ring

https://www.af1racing.com/Givi-Easy-Lock-Gas-Cap-Tank-Ring

• Like 2

My favorite piece of bike gear by far, is my magnetic Givi tank bag, particularly because I'm old school and use hard copy maps, so I love a tank bag with a clear map pouch for a quick visual reference.

The V11 with it's plastic tank presents a challenge, I do have an OEM MG strap on tank bag, that was designed for/ & included in the deal for my Griso. (I've never used it)

Has anyone experience in using the MG Griso strap on tank bag, and adapting it onto the V11s? Yea or Nay?

I'll probably just try it sometime, but I'm afraid of damaging the delicate paint/decals on the plastic V11 tank.

If there's any feedback out there, I'd love to hear it BEFORE I do damage, lol.

tia

15 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

My favorite piece of bike gear by far, is my magnetic Givi tank bag, particularly because I'm old school and use hard copy maps, so I love a tank bag with a clear map pouch for a quick visual reference.

The V11 with it's plastic tank presents a challenge, I do have an OEM MG strap on tank bag, that was designed for/ & included in the deal for my Griso. (I've never used it)

Has anyone experience in using the MG Griso strap on tank bag, and adapting it onto the V11s? Yea or Nay?

I'll probably just try it sometime, but I'm afraid of damaging the delicate paint/decals on the plastic V11 tank.

tia

no to the Griso bag but I have 2 of the OEM MG strap on bags and I like 'em just fine. Usually strap on bags that have to stretch that far to anchor, have a tough time staying positioned. But, the MG V11 bag has a separate padded supporting base which anchors quite well and with a hole for the gas cap. The padding is on the sides of the base and supports the bag when it's attached. I have used the padded base with my larger Tourmaster bag a time or two when I needed more space. It protects the tank very well. The MG bag itself could be a bit more rugged. I've had one zipper fail.

• Thanks 2

On 3/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, 80CX100 said:

tia

I have the factory strap on tank bag for my V11.  I put some black electrical tape under the straps to keep them from abrading the tank.  Works OK.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the tank bags.  I appreciate it.

• Like 2

I’m guessing that the MG bags might be hard to find. Has anyone had good results with the Cortech strap tank bags? They look like decent bags at a good price, but I have not tried one. In addition to the compatibility of the strap system, I wonder how generous the map window is. I too prefer to look at a paper map in a window rather than a screen. Seeing how easy an inch on a map looks, rather than seeing too much detail on a screen, yields unanticipated adventures and challenges. Isn’t that the point?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kane said:

I’m guessing that the MG bags might be hard to find. Has anyone had good results with the Cortech strap tank bags? They look like decent bags at a good price, but I have not tried one. In addition to the compatibility of the strap system, I wonder how generous the map window is. I too prefer to look at a paper map in a window rather than a screen. Seeing how easy an inch on a map looks, rather than seeing too much detail on a screen, yields unanticipated adventures and challenges. Isn’t that the point?

I don't have any experience with their tank bags, (the ones I've seen, seemed smaller,jmo) but I picked up a used tri-bag system by Cortech (Saddle and tail bags)

Good quality and works as intended

fwiw fyi

• Like 1

G'day 

I have an Oxford 30 litre strap on tank bag that I bought a year or so ago now.

I too would have liked the Guzzi one but rare as Rocking horse droppings here in Oz so took a punt on the Oxford jobby.

Pretty happy with it I must say although have only used it twice but one was a 1500 km 3 x day weekend away and it was great.Carrys enough gear for these sorts of jaunts and it kept my gear dry during some wild weather in the high country! I would put any gear you plan to carry in the side and front pockets in a plastic bag though which is no hassle.Also I put a thin rubbery sheet under the bag to protect my paintwork.

It was stable and not much of a drama at gassing up time which was a concern prior to purchase.

All in all I'm pretty chuffed with it and can't wait to get out for another long week-end and put it to more use...

Cheers Guzzler 

• Like 3