Selling 2001 V11 Sport (Seattle) *sold*

Bbennett

My black 2001 V11 Sport is for sale in Seattle, WA, USA. **sold 1/31/24**

This is a one-owner bike (always garaged) with clear title (WA. State) and 49K miles. 

The bike is largely in stock form and comes with a V11 shop stand, factory tail rack and bag, manual, spare key and various spares and parts.

All maintenance and upgrades done by (the same) MG certified mechanic throughout its life.  Fluids, battery, and tires are current.  No oil or fuel leaks.

More photos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g1qvQTfvw8zPeWfZA

Forum member notes:

- Staintune exhausts with map
- Veglia’s all work
- Original paint including pork chops
- Front suspension has individual R/C controls (from Aprilia Mille RSV)
- Hyperpro rear shock
- PC-III
- Shifter spring replaced at 30K (spare provided)
- Rossipuro cardan bar (I have original) and bellypan
- Tank is not swollen and chin pad is undamaged.  Left and right rub marks visible on each side of tank from leg contact
- Gel seat added under original seat cover (pillion cover included)

Thank you

xx.jpg

Edited by Bbennett
item has been sold
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Bbennett said:

My black 2001 V11 Sport is for sale in Seattle, WA, USA.  $5000 USD.

This is a one-owner bike (always garaged) with clear title (WA. State) and 49K miles. 

The bike is largely in stock form and comes with a V11 shop stand, factory tail rack and bag, manual, spare key and various spares and parts.

All maintenance and upgrades done by (the same) MG certified mechanic throughout its life.  Fluids, battery, and tires are current.  No oil or fuel leaks.

More photos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g1qvQTfvw8zPeWfZA

Forum member notes:

- Staintune exhausts with map
- Veglia’s all work
- Original paint including pork chops
- Front suspension has individual R/C controls (from Aprilia Mille RSV)
- Hyperpro rear shock
- PC-III
- Shifter spring replaced at 30K (spare provided)
- Rossipuro cardan bar (I have original) and bellypan
- Tank is not swollen and chin pad is undamaged.  Left and right rub marks visible on each side of tank from leg contact
- Gel seat added under original seat cover (pillion cover included)

Thank you

xx.jpg

Out of interest what details can you provide about the Mille forks and what was necessary to fit them to the V11. PM if you like or post.

Ciao

The forks were installed by my mechanic many years ago but it was not a difficult job (it did require some custom shims).  I sold the old forks.  The handling of the bike was greatly improved (in my mind) in terms of both responsiveness/road grip and a more consistent front end feel when encountering bumps at lean in each direction.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bbennett said:

The forks were installed by my mechanic many years ago but it was not a difficult job (it did require some custom shims).  I sold the old forks.  The handling of the bike was greatly improved (in my mind) in terms of both responsiveness/road grip and a more consistent front end feel when encountering bumps at lean in each direction.

Ok thanks. I'm just updating my forks with later units now and was interested in what other models would fit with minimum modifications. The Guzzi V11 forks are a bit unique in that they are quite long and have different guard mounts and the triple clamps are also around 15mm wider than most bikes which makes substituting different forks while maintaining the V11 style front guard more challenging. A V11 front wheel hub is also around 10-15mm wider than most bikes which makes a front wheel swap using the original forks more difficult as well without spacing the callipers or using different offset disks.

Ciao

• Like 2

While I do wish you the best with the sale, @Bbennett, I also want to wish you the very best, personally. Another early Sport original owner and member here since 2004 (18 years !). :mg:  :thumbsup:

Best regards, and don't be a stranger! :sun::drink:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, docc said:

While I do wish you the best with the sale, @Bbennett, I also want to wish you the very best, personally. Another early Sport original owner and member here since 2004 (18 years !). :mg:  :thumbsup:

Best regards, and don't be a stranger! :sun::drink:

Am really hoping someone who is searching for his/her dream bike will discover this here on the Forum and I don't have to offer it on the open market e.g. C/L.

I am a huge Guzzi fan and always will be, this is one of my favorite bikes I've ever owned. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I never listed this bike on CL and continue to ride it.  Still technically available if someone who wants it contacts me.  I am in Seattle (link to pics above).

Cheers!

Bob

• Thanks 1

• Bbennett changed the title to Selling 2001 V11 Sport (Seattle) *sold*