Stock V11 Sport clip ons and headlight brackets vs Magni Fairing

MadMike

I want to sell my Magni Fairing and return to a more comfortable riding position on my 2000 V11 Sport. I do not have the original handle bars and headlight brackets. Is this all that I will need.? I would rather have handle bars mounted on the triple tree if possible.

• Like 1

The stock upper triple clamp for a 2000 V11 Sport has bosses in it where the handle bar clamps would be if it was a version that used a handle bar instead of clip ons, as I recall. My wife also has a 2000 V11 Sport that originally came with clip ons. I actually bought the Billy-Bob (Billabio) stock handle bars and handle bar clamps, drilled out the bosses in the stock top triple clamp, and installed the Billy-Bob handle bars on her V11. If you are afraid of drilling out the stock triple clamp you could likely buy a set of triple clamps from a handle bar equipped version of V11. But be careful, as recent discussions indicate that there may be two different versions of triple clamp with two different offsets. It seems the early V11 may have a set of triple clamps with more offset, which results in less trail. While having less offset and more trail may be a good thing, it would mean that a top triple clamp with less offset would have to be matched with a bottom triple clamp with less offset. Or if you just drill out the stock triple clamp you already have you don't have to open that can of worms.

As long as the bars aren't too high you should be able to make the cables and brake lines work. But if it is an issue you can always buy cables or brake lines for a version of V11 that had higher bars, like the aforementioned Billy-Bob or a Lemans.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MadMike said:

I want to sell my Magni Fairing and return to a more comfortable riding position on my 2000 V11 Sport. I do not have the original handle bars and headlight brackets. Is this all that I will need.? I would rather have handle bars mounted on the triple tree if possible.

Headlight brackets are expensive even used. You can still get the top triple and brackets used but I'd estimate the cost the be around $400usd these days.

Ciao

• Like 1