Ghezzi-Brian ECU for the V11 - anyone knows "Centraline Rapid-Bike"?

p6x

14 hours ago, Weegie said:

Perhaps I've got my wires crossed, but warranty might be a reason, the main thing I reckon is cost and ease of install, if we are referring to the RapidBike EVO.

For newer models it comes complete with harness and is plug & pray play.

The module covers lots of different manufacturers and models, just like Power Commander.

A completely new ECU is going to be more expensive and then adds the complexity of mapping, or getting the old map into the new ECU.

If you're asking why it's offered as an add on for a V11, then I've no idea.

I discarded warranty because all our V11 are now past their coverage. What makes sense is sales perspective which probably don't amount to much. So why spend a bunch of money to manufacture drop in place replacement ECU when you are unlikely to sell any significant number?

I think I am going to stick to what everyone else does. Now that I have solved my starter problem, I can live a little longer with a perfectible injection.

On 4/7/2022 at 4:28 AM, Lucky Phil said:

The V11 ecu does not have these capabilities. No knock sensor and no ability to adjust for different fuels. Thats a few generations on from the V11 15M ecu.

Ciao 

No knock sensor - I simply assumed it must have one but if not then - thanks. 👍😎

However, we also mustn’t forget the 15RC variant V11’s.

The 15RC ECU of my bike has ample ability to adjust to different fuels - the O2 sensor information in closed loop feedback to the 15RC ECU allows for those fuel quality fine adjustments.

Looking further into O2 equipped ECU’s - the STFT used for immediate adjustments is based on the O2 sensor detecting exhaust oxygen content changes (several times a second).

LTFT learns from those STFT trends - & the adjusted values are then stored in memory.
To wit,

”To adjust, or not to adjust, that is the question”

1 hour ago, ScuRoo said:

No knock sensor - I simply assumed it must have one but if not then - thanks. 👍😎

However, we also mustn’t forget the 15RC variant V11’s.

The 15RC ECU of my bike has ample ability to adjust to different fuels - the O2 sensor information in closed loop feedback to the 15RC ECU allows for those fuel quality fine adjustments.

Looking further into O2 equipped ECU’s - the STFT used for immediate adjustments is based on the O2 sensor detecting exhaust oxygen content changes (several times a second).

LTFT learns from those STFT trends - & the adjusted values are then stored in memory.
To wit,

”To adjust, or not to adjust, that is the question”

I haven't and they dont have knock sensors either. Same as the Lambda closed loop system only operates in steady state conditions and as the V11 is a Sporting motorcycle it doesn't see a lot of steady state operation unless you're droning along a freeway. That's why you can disable the Lambda system which many do and the bike runs equally as well if not better.

The 15m/rc has no ability to adjust for different octane fuels. The octane rating of the fuel and what Lambda reads are not related. 

Ciao  

• Like 2