back from powder coater...what have I done?

Cold Desert Rat

Even with the original part number the throttle cable from Motion Pro was incorrect. And very expensive.

I'm gonna roll my own. Here's my test stand.

test_stand.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

Petcocks.

petcocks.jpg

Oh! Right! With carburetors, no more regulator and a petcock for each side. No more trapped fuel! :thumbsup:

Docc, Mr. Caruso is every bit the proper, reserved English gentleman. Wonderful man who makes magic. Did you notice the gears even smell good when you get them?

How does he do it.

And yes, that box was as thoroughly and perfectly packed as you would expect.

The build won't be done this season. It's not even money. It's just impossible to get things and/or get things done. Don't get me started......

Back to MG: So much of modern design is so ugly. By design, I would say. But working on the Guzzi always brings me joy. Somebody cared what those handle bar mounts looked like. I could have picked a Brembo brake lever or any number of beautiful items on the bike. My photography doesn't do justice to the tactile and graceful beauty of the parts.

When I am too old to ride I will park it in front of the fire and look at it.

barmnt.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

Even with the original part number the throttle cable from Motion Pro was incorrect. And very expensive.

I'm gonna roll my own. Here's my test stand.

test_stand.jpg

Carburettors and pod filters as well I suspect. Sigh

Ciao

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Carburettors and pod filters as well I suspect. Sigh

Ciao

Reminds me of a girl I dated in college. She wasn't easy, but *WOW* she was "interesting." :huh:

• Like 1

Dear Lucky Phil,

Brother, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to send my airbox to you. It seems even the commies at the local recycling center don't want it. Radioactive or something, I dunno.

I'm not a rich man and you are far away. You will have to pay shipping. But I can sweeten the deal! I will include the throttle bodies and a brand new air filter! That's a fair dinkum deal where I come from.

Anyway, keep the shiny side up! Which would be upside down from here. I guess. Confusing.

I love you man!

CDR

airbox.jpg

• Like 1