Rear Brembo Gold Caliper for 2001 V11 Sport Rosso Mandello

Joe

So, my Brembo Gold rear caliper(Brembo P32B-gold w 07BB0110-20518521) is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I have reached to MG Cycle and Curtis at Harpers, does someone on the forum know where to get a replacement caliper?

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, Brembo let us know back in September that those gold calipers were discontinued and are no longer being produced. We do not have a rebuild kit for those (not sure we ever did as they do not list a rebuild kit in the spare parts book). I am currently not sure what else will work for your application as the gold caliper being discontinued was recent. It is possible that someone has found a viable alternative for that caliper, but we are not aware of it. You might want to try searching some online forums to see if anyone has done that research for you.

Regards,

Andrew

MG CYCLE

All,

Do you still have rebuild kits for the rear brake for my 2001 V11 Sport Rosso Mandello, I think it’s a Brembo P32B? I would be interested in the whole caliper complete or just the kit if that’s all that is available

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

I have a spare rear caliper I could let go. And I might even have a spare rebuild kit. You can get rebuild kits for all the calipers - they are listed in the thread "Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts"

FYI - You might want to edit your post to remove all that contact information, as it can been viewed by anyone on the internet.

Scud, thank you for the heads up, I have edited my original post and will study the Encyclopedia of Compatible Parts next.

...and how did that happen? It looks like a piston is fuzed to the back of a pad, and it looks like the piston is severely deformed.

Scud, I was able to find a replacement caliper from Grimeca who bought the rights to produce from Brembo. Price for shipping & sales tax is $53.64 which is cheaper than the rebuild kit from UK. I will update how it goes with the install.

Distance between the pads in this caliper is 6mm, so your disc needs to be a maximum of 5.5mm thick, unless you reduce the thickness of the pads before use. Brembo offers two different thicknesses of pads for their similar F05 caliper, so this practice of altering the pad material is commonly done. They come with Ferodo pads Ferodo pads part # FER4408”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363381691667#vi-desc-maincntr

s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

True, that. Just thinking about giving that Grimeca caliper the "Oro" look . . .

Things like that don't matter much in a lot of cases.

Docc, since you can barely see the rear caliper, I might leave it grey. Now if were on the front in full view I would buy Brembo only or paint.

Moto Guzzi V11 Sport 99  2.jpg

• Like 1

That caliper has been seriously overheated. If you can't find new or NOS

you might try the Ebay. I believe some of the Ducati's of our vintage used the

same caliper. No telling how much upcharge for that name but you still might find a new one

at a Duc dealer.

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Scud, I was able to find a replacement caliper from Grimeca who bought the rights to produce from Brembo. Price for shipping & sales tax is $53.64 which is cheaper than the rebuild kit from UK. I will update how it goes with the install.

Distance between the pads in this caliper is 6mm, so your disc needs to be a maximum of 5.5mm thick, unless you reduce the thickness of the pads before use. Brembo offers two different thicknesses of pads for their similar F05 caliper, so this practice of altering the pad material is commonly done. They come with Ferodo pads Ferodo pads part # FER4408”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363381691667#vi-desc-maincntr

Good find. After you successfully fit it, would you be so kind as to document that in the aforementioned encyclopedia thread - along with the technical details as you noted above?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I purchased on of the Grimeca's from Ebay and it's worked out fine. Brembo actually sold the rights to this model to Grimeca so it is pretty much the same other than color.