Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush or other signs of Spring

PJPR01

Lots of local wildflowers now blooming here in Texas.  Location on FM362 between FM1488 and 105…

Today’s run was a 160 mile loop with a friend on a Stelvio and his family in the Boxster with a stop at the local tavern…and something I have never seen…a 4 month old Joey (kangaroo) hopping around near the bikes.  

No V11 content due to awaiting a few parts to be installed tonight in my complete tank off maintenance process.   Tomorrow off to collect a few stops on the Grand Tour of Texas…

F2C2C587-74C0-4D0F-8A6D-1E1C738FAA6A.jpeg

02E4E3CF-4905-497B-BBA6-9430283231F7.jpeg

746DC0DD-FB31-4F0C-B61E-36CCD5AD896C.jpeg

489003B1-5398-4F3A-B115-A71E2277C96C.jpeg

8715F684-09FC-44C3-BB2E-C2E72BDF280A.jpeg

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, docc said:

A kangaroo in Texas? Was this before or after the tavern stop? ;)  :drink:

As hard as this is to believe it was actually at the Tavern stop!!  Disclaimer…I don’t drink while riding but at first glance I thought someone had spiked my Arnold Palmer!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Tomorrow off to collect a few stops on the Grand Tour of Texas…

Sounds like a good plan! take your rain gear with you, just in case....

I found one stop the Grand Tour should absolutely put on its list, I bet there are so many; but this one is historical;

I took several photos of the monument to make a panorama using my Tilt and Shift lens, but I managed to forget one set of flags, the most important ones! I need to go back.

Flags over Texas Monument sign

• Like 1

Thanks P6x…I’ll have to get down there shortly!  Had a nice 250 Miler today getting two stops on the tour, Classic Rock Cafe and Camp Hearne plus a nice loop.  Tomorrow I may do Port Bolivar and Galveston or Lufkin…haven’t decided yet. got lucky….no rain just a pleasant day out with some clouds and sunshine alternating…quite a few riders.

Will load some pics later this evening…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Thanks P6x…I’ll have to get down there shortly!  Had a nice 250 Miler today getting two stops on the tour, Classic Rock Cafe and Camp Hearne plus a nice loop.  Tomorrow I may do Port Bolivar and Galveston or Lufkin…haven’t decided yet. got lucky….no rain just a pleasant day out with some clouds and sunshine alternating…quite a few riders.

Will load some pics later this evening…

You were so close to it! it is on the 105 to Brenham from Navasota.

Great ride! 250 miles... I have not done anything yet. I have something penciled for tomorrow, probably the Classic Rock Café too.

• Like 1

Ah ah ah…so close!  Will get there!

If you’re going to go to Classic Rock tomorrow, shoot me a note if you’re up for a coffee and some company unless you have a tight schedule.

16 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Ah ah ah…so close!  Will get there!

If you’re going to go to Classic Rock tomorrow, shoot me a note if you’re up for a coffee and some company unless you have a tight schedule.

I have a couple of errands to run this morning, but I should be on my way to get there around lunch if nothing changes.

I am going to try to figure out how to carry my tripod o my bike or myself, because I want to do the Texas Flags Monument justice. I am a sucker for history, and I solemn up when on "special" places.

• Like 1