V11 Central Stand by Becker-Technik - Available from MG Cycle in USA - directly from Becker-Technik from elsewhere -

p6x

8 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

I have ordered a bunch of stuff from MG Cycles recently, and all three orders have been promptly shipped and arrived as quick as I could expect. And they had a surprising collection of parts in stock. I am happy to support people that are semi-local and keep this stuff in stock.

I have two gripes with MG Cycles:

When I received the Becker stand, the instructions sent were in German. Not a big deal, but I wrote to them to draw their attention about it. The laconic answer was: "you can use google translate"... nice!

instead, I contacted Becker and asked them to send me an English procedure, which they did.

I transmitted the pdf file to MG Cycles, and they have now included it. They never even said thanks for something they may have wanted to do themselves. Not that I did it for them, but for those who may be interested to purchase that stand.

Also, if you purchase anything with a price tag below 10 USD, they add a 10 USD surcharge.

So, mixed feelings about MG Cycles.

40 minutes ago, p6x said:

When I received the Becker stand, the instructions sent were in German.

Well, like my UJM riding shopmate always says, these Guzzis are “real men bikes”… and we all know real men don’t need instructions… :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, p6x said:

So, mixed feelings about MG Cycles.

I detected a certain sense of entitlement in dealing with them.

Hey! A member co-op!

• Like 1

Back to the Becker-Technik Central Lifter:

I purchased a 26 inches breaker bar;

Thus, foot+breaker bar means I can now deploy on rugged surfaces.

I will add a video once I get a tripod for my DGI Pocket 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

I have ordered parts from MG Cycles in the past and they are a great vendor, in fact, I still have a running wish list with them.

I also order from AF1, TLM and Stein-Dinse as well as Ebay vendors for used parts and I am glad for ALL of them to exist in supplying the bits needed to keep our steeds running.

As for the purchase of the Becker stand, the savings were a bit too substantial to ignore, not only the base price at MG was almost twice that of S-D, they wouldn’t even disclose their shipping charges before purchase. To me, operating my moto passion on a limited budget, not knowing how much I’m gonna be charged before I order doesn’t make me want to pursue that particular transaction. 

I will add Cadre Cycle in Cincinnati to that list. Just because they had new OEM V11 LeMans badges for the side covers IN Stock!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Well, like my UJM riding shopmate always says, these Guzzis are “real men bikes”… and we all know real men don’t need instructions… :lol:

I thought it was kind of sloppy of them sending equipment which if misused could lead to injury. Somehow, I understood it as your safety is not our concern.

It did not really matter that instructions were in German. They could have been in Japanese or sanskrit. It gave me the wrong impression of MG Cycles. Maybe I should not read too much into it, but I have dealt with other V11 parts providers which seemed to be more interested in their customer' satisfaction.

I think Mick Jagger wrote a song about not getting any.... satisfaction!

On 4/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, po18guy said:

I detected a certain sense of entitlement in dealing with them.

Hey! A member co-op!

I will counter:

During Winter, I ordered a V11 oil temp gauge/dipstick with a white face, to match the white gauges in my dash on my 2001 V11 Sport.

They sent me a black faced oil temp gauge/dipstick instead. I contacted them, they apologized, and sent me the correct one, with a return label for the old one.

This isn't a 750 Honda Nighthawk. I am deeply grateful I can get parts for my obscure Guzzi.

I've spent probably $500+ with MGCycle for misc parts, and have always had great service, so YMMV.

I'm just a guy who owns a V11 Sport, and don't work for MGCycle. I'm just gratful they and AF1 Racing exist.

• Like 4

I've dealt with MG Cycle since '06, and never had any complaints.
That said, All I ask of parts sources is that they send me the correct parts- and in that regard, MGC stands at the top of the hill, in MG specifically and a world apart from the dismal world of classic cars, trailers, and pedestrian transportation. I run a business too (trying to, anyway) and since the COVID ****, it's been infinitely more difficult. I assume MGC is no different, and I thank them for being there. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

I've dealt with MG Cycle since '06, and never had any complaints.
That said, All I ask of parts sources is that they send me the correct parts- and in that regard, MGC stands at the top of the hill, in MG specifically and a world apart from the dismal world of classic cars, trailers, and pedestrian transportation. I run a business too (trying to, anyway) and since the COVID ****, it's been infinitely more difficult. I assume MGC is no different, and I thank them for being there. 

Agreed. Any supplier with parts is a miracle at this point. 

• Like 1