Fuel Problem

dbarb3

Third fill using Ethanol Free Gas at Buc-ee's.

It is still too early to draw any conclusion. Now, it seems that the V11 has less problems around 3500 rpm.

It does not run cough free though. Mainly when I maintain rpm below 2000, in traffic I get the occasional grunt. But I am convinced there is some improvement.

IMG_0416

12 minutes ago, docc said:

37.8 miles/US gallon is very good fuel economy for a V11. :thumbsup:

What is the (US) octane rating of your Ethanol free fuel?

93 if my memory serves me right.

I am planning all my refills at Buc-ee's to get enough experience. The 42.5 out of 129 miles is mixed highway/city with traffic.

• Like 1

@docc correction 92 Octanes.

The first fuel stop 40.8 for 123 miles was mixed highway/city with traffic.

The second stop, 43.0 for 160 miles was Waller-Hearne-Navasota-Waller; almost exclusively 4 to 5000 rpm. I could have easily added 35 miles to get home, with fuel to spare.

As I hinted before, the V11 runs almost perfectly, none of the usual injection problems around the 3 to 3.5 k; it is a lot smoother even if I get a small hesitation from time to time always below 2000 when maintaining low speed, but they are few and far between. I am definitively going to continue with Ethanol Free Gas, as much as I can.

IMG_0419

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is good news indeed...the Camp Hearne run is a good one...nice to see history as well.

Hearne is the town where we have done the "equidistant" run for Guzzisti from Houston, Austin, Dallas a few years ago...

Glad to hear the V11 is running well!

• Like 1

Also, you mentioned an occasional grunt below 2,000 rpm. I don't run it that low. 2,000 rpm would be absolute minimum, and rarely below 3,000 rpm. It isn't a stump puller, it is more about midrange.

35 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

Also, you mentioned an occasional grunt below 2,000 rpm. I don't run it that low. 2,000 rpm would be absolute minimum, and rarely below 3,000 rpm. It isn't a stump puller, it is more about midrange.

I have a permanent tendinitis in my left wrist. When I spot a slow down or a red light, I slow down hoping to not have to stop and use the clutch. Typically, I would not run that slow.

06-May-2022 refuel at Buc-ee's I-10 Baytown. Unfortunately no Ethanol free gas at this service center;

80 miles mixed of I-10 (West and East) and traffic ridden errands.

I have not refueled yet and have gone beyond the 150miles.

TripIT Fuel Houston-Beaumont-Houston

MPG is not an issue with bikes, but had the pleasure of test riding a 22 Multistrada V4S last monday. What a bike, but fuel consumption in the enjoyable engine rpm,,, really ?   A V11 likes fuel to with the correct rpm, but way beaten by a 20 year newer Duc. 
Cheers Tom.

3 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

MPG is not an issue with bikes, but had the pleasure of test riding a 22 Multistrada V4S last monday. What a bike, but fuel consumption in the enjoyable engine rpm,,, really ?   A V11 likes fuel to with the correct rpm, but way beaten by a 20 year newer Duc. 
Cheers Tom.

With fuel prices up lately in the USA, someone mentioned my bike thinking it makes impressive fuel economy.

I had to admit that it is almost double that of my passenger cars, yet . . .

The commute to my office in the passenger cars is 9 miles/ 15km. On the V11 Sport, the commute is 50 miles/80 km. :race::race::race:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to refuel at Buc-ee's' Katy this afternoon; Ethanol free.

43.1 MPG was averaged from Buc-ee's Baytown on I-10, no Ethanol free fuel available. Topped up 1.955 Gal.

Today, with almost only highway rides, I achieved 43.1 which tallies well with my previous only highway ride.

180 miles, and 4.176 Gal; meaning I could have easily made the 200 miles with fuel to spare. Speeds in the 4000 to 5000 rpm.

No coughing at all.

IMG_0426

On 4/25/2022 at 10:18 AM, dbarb3 said:

No wonder I have struggled since day one of getting this bike.  There is no hose attached to the fuel pressure regulator never has been.  The fuel over flow hose from tank was attached to the tee on the right side fuel injection.  The parts diagram isn't much help in figuring this out.

So my guess is there is supposed to be a hose from the back of the tee on the fuel injector to the regulator.

compressjpgFuel 1.jpg

On 4/25/2022 at 2:37 PM, dbarb3 said:

After fighting the voltage regulator, loose bullet connecter under tank and now this hopefully time to ride and put up the wrenches for a while.

I would like to hear back from the OP @dbarb3 if the routing of the fuel lines and vent were found mixed up, and that addressing this return line through the regulator solved the "Fuel Problem "  . . .

Yes it did

Running like a champ.  IDK how it ran ok for a few weeks when I first got it, but the lines were connected wrong by previous owner and I didn't have enough knowledge at time to see the problem right before my eyes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1