Fuel Problem

dbarb3

@docc

IMG_0446

Today I refueled at Buc-ee's and managed 40.2 mpg with mainly city stop and go traffic, and some highway at 60/65 mph. It is quite obvious the V11 strive on Efree gas.

I need to correct my previous statement Efree gas is 87 Octane. I don't know where I was looking.

IMG_0445

• Thanks 1

I still say you must be a very smooth rider. Pretty sure I could take your Le Mans for a quick spin and get 36.5 out of it.

Plus, it'll need tires when I get back . . . :blink:

57 minutes ago, docc said:

I still say you must be a very smooth rider. Pretty sure I could take your Le Mans for a quick spin and get 36.5 out of it.

Plus, it'll need tires when I get back . . . :blink:

I usually ride on torque. I will make some videos when I go to the twisted sisters again.

Something I noticed when I try to top my tank up to the brim. It seems that it never overflows. I top it, the level goes down, and again and again. This does not make sense. It feels like hydrostatic weight fills in part of the tank? are there any cavities that could only be filled because the tank is full?

14 minutes ago, p6x said:

I usually ride on torque. I will make some videos when I go to the twisted sisters again.

Something I noticed when I try to top my tank up to the brim. It seems that it never overflows. I top it, the level goes down, and again and again. This does not make sense. It feels like hydrostatic weight fills in part of the tank? are there any cavities that could only be filled because the tank is full?

There is a filler neck that extends down into the tank cavity maybe 20 mm. You can coax fuel above the neck, but it is unnecessary and might even be bad for the venting.