Is it just me, or is the Guzzi big block....

VtwinStorm

To me, the best sounding motorbikes were those which had one exhaust per cylinder; starting with the 1970 Honda 750 CB.

Then, the Kawasaki triples; not with the expansion chambers that everybody seemed to favor.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, p6x said:

To me, the best sounding motorbikes were those which had one exhaust per cylinder;

I like this formula!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Sounds like my brush cutter to me docc.

Ciao

Haha, well, I'm not much of a "multi" guy, but really want to love the Otto Cylindri. :mg:

I recall inspecting a rendition of the Moto Guzzi Otto Cylindri at an exhibit of the Guggenheim's "Art of the Motorcycle." It was fascinating to trace how all eight (maybe 14 or 15mm) open exhaust tubes traced their ways, individually,  through the sinews of the motorcycle. I so longed to hear their song, thinking it must be orchestral, like eight horns of a "horn section". No digital capture will ever replicate that sonority.

(Be it known that V8 afflicted me from an early and impressionable age) . . .

IMG_0393.jpg

• Like 1

That's the flat crank version. Basic 4-cylinder inline sound. The cross plane, now that's Italian!  The first 14 seconds of this video are the cross-plane engine warming up. I suspect that only tin ears dislike this sound.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Love obscene… Brambilla’s repulsive

84A29A58-0023-433D-BC6E-F948E514322D.jpeg

That is a sweet sounding Guzzi. I really like engines that rev up and down fast. It gives them a sharpness. The exhaust system on that Guzzi is art. Not just the sound, but the look.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, VtwinStorm said:

...probably the finest sounding V twin ever built?

I love the Ducati desmodue,  but I'll be damned if the big Guzzi doesn't match, or at least rival it for sound and character!

I'm loving mine more by the day.

There is something special about the sound of a V11 through a set of Mistrals.. 

That chug.... 

• Like 3