Ignition switch anyone?

billgreenman1

So I broke part of the black plastic barrel of my ignition switch. Zadi pl336. Anyone know where I can find one, or other bikes so equipped? I've taken to it with dental adhesive, but I'm pessimistic. I haven't tried to put it back together yet as I'm adding more thin layers of  the adhesive and letting them dry thoroughly... I guess limits need to be pushed occasionally but more often adhered to. 

11 hours ago, billgreenman1 said:

So I broke part of the black plastic barrel of my ignition switch. Zadi pl336. Anyone know where I can find one, or other bikes so equipped? I've taken to it with dental adhesive, but I'm pessimistic. I haven't tried to put it back together yet as I'm adding more thin layers of  the adhesive and letting them dry thoroughly... I guess limits need to be pushed occasionally but more often adhered to. 

Is there room for a steel reinforced epoxy like JB Weld?

15 minutes ago, p6x said:

Caution:

the first eBay announcement states" manca la chiave" meaning the key is missing.

True, but as I see it, the electrical part of the switch is attached to the key part with 2 screws.

If @billgreenman1 only wants the electrical part, it might be a good option.

Oh wait, I see a crack in the black plastic housing. It might not be a good idea.

I am not sure what the "black plastic" part of our Ignition Switch is actually made of. I tried to figure out what "dental adhesive" might be, chemically. Possibly a cyanoacrylate, not sure. Further unsure that would be the compatible adhesive for the Ignition Switch "black plastic."

Do the layers of "dental adhesive" peel off with a dental pick?

Many EU parts are labeled as to plastic type. However, this may be a small part that is not labeled. Basically, if acetone or ketone will melt the surface, it is bondable by various adhesives (J-B Weld, various epoxies etc.) If it is one of the slick "Polyethylene" plastics, virtually nothing will bond to it. It is a thermoplastic and some form of heat welding is the only manner of repair. For small cracks in non-polyethylene plastics, a drop of the horrendously dangerous methylene chloride/dichloromethane will almost instantly bond it. It is a very powerful solvent, thinner but considerably heavier than water. It is so dangerous that it is used to decaffeinate coffee beans! It "used to be" in all of the good paint strippers. So, beware! Just last evening, fixed a freeze-cracked polycarbonate Gardena garden hose manifold ("Hergestelt in Deutschland") with a drop or two. Repaired the tiny crack instantly and saved me $50.

Priced at $199/5 gallons, it is barely more expensive than gasoline. :rolleyes:

Screen%20Shot%202022-04-28%20at%2011.54.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

The broken plastic on the Ebay item is worse than what I've done, but the Kawasaki clue is helpful. 

Pray tell?