Tellico Plains Cherohala Skyway Trip-Last Weekend.

My wife and I rode the Indian down to Tellico Plains TN and rode the Cherohala Skyway last weekend. Out of nowhere the temps rose over 85 degrees, but overall the weather was nice w no rain showers. We stayed at the Farmhouse Inn, can't say enough about Kyle and Laura's hospitality from a motorcycle riders perspective. Kyle is a Adventure rider, MotoGP & Nicky Hayden super fan. He also GPS logs trails around Tellico for adventure riding, with a Youtube Channel Tellico Adventure Trail. He and Laura ride two up all the time on his 950 Ducati Multistrada. Laura made home made breakfast and the whole INN was spotlessly clean, can't say enough, 6 stars out of 5. 

As for the ride, we rode over to Tapoco Lodge for lunch, where TVA was letting out extra water, so the atmosphere was wonderful watching kayakers hit the currents right in front of our tables, literally. Nicole and I met with Mark/Tina who we haven't seen since before COVID, they rode up from North GA, very nice lunch. We also seemed to leap frog a large group of Porsche's on the skyway who later ate at the Lodge for lunch. 

IMG_7093.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a great trip - coinciding with a Porsche club it appears. And one way to make an easy dirt road challenging is to attack it with 12 inch wheels (Honda Monkeys).

Kyle rides all type of off road bikes including a Husky Svartpilen 401, Husaberg and KTM's.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Joe said:

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

Bumped into a "911" enthusiast while my car was at the Doctor's, and he absolutely wanted me to enroll into their club. They have reunions every Saturdays, and a lot of outings.

I lost him when I said I was a V11 enthusiast and all my free time accounted for. I think he did not understand what could be better than driving a Porsche 911. I told him have you ever ridden a V11? crickets.... there you go!:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Gstallons, not sure about Little Sturgis, but thinking about the European Riders Rally in Burkesville KY this year.

https://bmwmcon.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=433756&module_id=514025

I know folks that have been involved with that rally over the years. There is some great riding along the Kentucky-Tennessee border. Don't miss the Turkey Neck Bend Ferry over the Cumberland River. I love taking mySport on ferries . . .

http://www.monroecountykytourism.com/cumberland-river-ferry.html

Turkey-Neck-Bend-Ferry_JPG.jpg

• Like 2

^^^^^^^

BTDT.

Ferries are great fun.  ^_^

i-Cc9NpgW-L.jpg

Bill

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

^^^^^^^

BTDT.