Bevel box leak or over lube?

Cabernet

Hi Learned Brethren,

Just been for a shake down ride of 80 miles and I have some cast off on the rear wheel.

The wheel flange & flex coupling disc ( key 13 & 11 Moto Guzzi V 11 V 11 LE MANS/SPORT NAKED 1100 (CHASSIS NUMBER PREFIX: ZGUKS) 1999-2005 Rear wheel supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts ) are soiled with heavy grease in a tangential form, I believe from copper slip I apply to the drive splines. The cast of on the rim takes a lighter form. The bevel box flange and inner housing ( Key 23 key 2 Moto Guzzi V 11 V 11 LE MANS/SPORT NAKED 1100 (CHASSIS NUMBER PREFIX: ZGUKS) 1999-2005 Transmission complete I supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts ) are dry.

Oil does appear to be leaking from the needle roller (key 30) housing down the out board side of the housing. The needle rollers are in fine fettle, as is the inner bearing. I did replace the needle rollers at some point during the pandemic when I replace the reaction arm bushes.

I am guessing I over greased the rollers and good thrapping has, after a long winter, let a bit ooze out. I cannot think that there is a leak path for the actual bevel box oil to get to the wheel spindle housing and out is there?

The female spline in the slave bevel gear 11/13 (key 29) is dry on the outside. 

Leaking from this side?

DSCN2182.JPG

Inner seal #10, behind the inner bearing #11.

My rear drive struggles: