Anyone here with Aprilia Tuono 1100 experience?

I've only sat on one but the ergos are more upright than the V11 Spineframe bikes.  The power is off the charts no doubt.  The styling is an acquired taste.  

Here's the invoice;

Is it only me? how could they send a price that includes "other and extra fees" for 2000.00 USD without specifying?

The alleged reason for installing brand new tires after only 853 miles, is to consolidate the feel that it is an almost new motorcycle. This is what the sales assistant said it was.

Tulsa had a few of them last I was there.  Also the new 660.

In OK we pay taxes when we register not at sale which makes all this "out the door" stuff apples and oranges.  I have no idea about taxes for out of state buyers, I'd think the buyer would exempt.  

2 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Tulsa had a few of them last I was there.  Also the new 660.

In OK we pay taxes when we register not at sale which makes all this "out the door" stuff apples and oranges.  I have no idea about taxes for out of state buyers, I'd think the buyer would exempt.  

I purchased my V11 Le Mans from Florida. The accountant said Florida has a law that stipulates you need to pay Florida taxes if you are going to ride the motorcycle in the state. Even if you are an out of state buyer. I had a temp Florida temp tag issued. I suppose it make sense?

When I registered in Texas, the Florida Taxes were deducted and I ended up with a credit.

But I agree with you. I don't see why I need to pay Floridian taxes when the motorcycle is not going to be registered there. I also had to pay the dealer's fees for registration, because they need to keep documentation of the sales, again per Florida's legislation. Anything the dealership needs to pay is ultimately paid by the buyer.

I don't like that you can only get it in white. No red, no deal!

yes, if you pay tax in one state, it's normally offset in the home state.  You have to show proof of tax paid.   Since they don't charge tax upon sale here, I'm guessing that you just pay all the taxes if you register in TX.  I've got a feeling that there's little consistency.  My basic point was all this comparison of "out the door" costs is bogus.  Taxes are different in each state and when you pay is different.  

I think 5 years ago that AF-1 was dealing close out basic Tuono for $10k.  That was during MotoG weekend.  The newer bikes seem to have a little better styling I think but it was the V4 model, not the older twin .

25 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

yes, if you pay tax in one state, it's normally offset in the home state.  You have to show proof of tax paid.   Since they don't charge tax upon sale here, I'm guessing that you just pay all the taxes if you register in TX.  I've got a feelings that there's little consistency.  My basic point was all this comparison of "out the door" costs is bogus.  Taxes are different in each state and when you pay is different.  

I think 5 years ago that AF-1 was dealing close out basic Tuono for $10k.  That was during MotoG weekend.  The newer bikes seem to have a little better styling I think but it was the V4 model, not the older twin .

I request the drive out price, not so much because of the taxes, I don't need them to tell me how much taxes I am going to pay to register here. I know. I have registered most of my vehicles myself. Including the V11 Le Mans.

What I am interested in, are all the fees they add to the purchase price. I am used to the European system. The price shown is the price you pay.

• Like 1

599 is our dealer documentation fee. 140 is Florida state licensing fee. 1200 is a 2-year warranty extension....

Note the documentation fee should be something like xxx.35. When you see a 599....

I have to translate a lot of documents for legal submission. The translation has to be certified and with Apostille. It is still less expensive than a dealer's "documentation" for a motorcycle. :glare: