Kickstand Switch Possibly

dbarb3

@Chuck rightfully referenced the Ignition Switch. Your year model V11 is right for “Startus Interuptus.”

This will be next topic if the clutch switch and connectors check out.

Problem solved, I had reconnected bullets earlier, bad mistake.  I cut wires and put in a different connector and all seems good.

Grateful for this board, I love this motorcycle but without you guys helping I think I would have pushed it off a bridge by now. 

• Like 4

Yeah, without this board I'd be in more trouble than I'm already in.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My sidestand switch came loose. The nut came off.  I found an thin M8 but it won't go more than a half turn.  I won't force it.  The thread looks standard.  Any ideas?   I checked the parts break out and then only give a part number for it. 

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

My sidestand switch came loose. The nut came off.  I found an thin M8 but it won't go more than a half turn.  I won't force it.  The thread looks standard.  Any ideas?   I checked the parts break out and then only give a part number for it. 

@LowRyter, perhaps you just have the wrong (more coarse/ 1.25) pitch nut. FWIW, the nut on mine is 5mm thick.

The nut for the sidestand switch is on page 39 of the 1999-2001 Parts catalog: Foot Rests - Lateral stand :

#38    GU92602508    Nut M8x1

So, try an 8mm nut with a 1.0 pitch. Otherwise, inspect the threads on the switch body as they may have gotten damaged.

I reckon something like blue thread locker will work between the nut and the plastic switch body? Or does that require a specialized thread lock product?

Just now, LowRyter said:

Thanks @docc, I thought perhaps it was a fine thread rather than standard.  Unfortunately, that was all Ace had.   

I just made a couple edits to my post. Having measured the thickness of the nut on mine, I found it 5mm.