Relay question

Guest Brent

It seems that the relay that controls my fuel pump is going bad and needs to be replaced, so I've decided to replace all the relays just to be safe. When I checked each relay to see if they were all the same, I found one that has a slightly different marking than all the others. It has a -B1008 to the right of the part/model number, while the others have -B1005.

Does this mean that this one relay can't be replaced with a Bosch 0 332 207 307? If not, does someone know the replacement part number?

http://www.dotnet.com/~dprune/relay.htm

Dan has unbeatable prices on those relays(unless you order a wholesale shipment)

The listed relay will work in all the relay slots. The headlight/starter control relay is the only one that needs to be different than the others, because it turns off the headlight when the starter is active. All the other relays just turn things on when activated, so they can work with either type of relay. The Bosch part number has all the features of the other relay, plus the ability to kill a connection as it does for the headlight when started. If you look at the wiring digram, what I said might make sense.... :)

More than one relay controls the fuel pump. What happens is, the relay that feeds juice to the ECU also feeds juice to the relay that activates the fuel pump and injectors.

Under the seat, I am not sure what the layout is. But, I suspect the two rearmost relays.