Honda RC30 For Sale

3 hours ago, Joe said:

If I had the money I would buy this bike......:sun: The question is it worth it?

Hmm, I could buy ten decent V11. "Collect them all !" :mg:

• Like 1
On 5/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, Joe said:

If I had the money I would buy this bike......:sun: The question is it worth it?

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1988-Honda-RC30-5018309410

While I like those, to me that is crazy money for one. I don't see it as being worth that much, not as a motorcycle. But I think they are looking to sell it as a museum piece more so then as a motorcycle. I don't buy museum pieces, I prefer motorcycles. 

I will say I remember being pretty impressed by the fit and finish of the RC30 when it was new. But for that money I would buy an MGS01. It is a much rarer bike, better looking, and cooler.

https://seattleusedbikes.com/motorcycle/2004-moto-guzzi-mgs-01-corsa

2004-Moto-Guzzi-MGS-01-Corsa.011-600x527

[docc copied/pasted Image Link]

• Like 4

The VFR750R is an icon in its own right; but it lacks the panache of certain bikes playing in that same category.

I agree with the rest of you that a rare Guzzi would be much more pleasing to own.... and ride!

The general consensus of people on this forum, is they want to ride their motorcycle, not simply look at them.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Already have one, they are special motorcycles, these are racing motorcycle with lights and mirrors, not production bikes made to go fast.  First gear is so tall, but the rest of them are so close.  Still ride mine from time to time, but with values going up, just one more thing in the back of my mind during the ride.  I did spend a day at Barber on mine, I did the Class motorcycle school the first year Barber opened.  The bike was more at home on the track than I was, but still a fun day, even getting passed by Reg while he was two up.  I do miss my Greenie...

Collection angle.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, HRC_V4 said:

Already have one, they are special motorcycles, these are racing motorcycle with lights and mirrors, not production bikes made to go fast.  First gear is so tall, but the rest of them are so close.  Still ride mine from time to time, but with values going up, just one more thing in the back of my mind during the ride.  I did spend a day at Barber on mine, I did the Class motorcycle school the first year Barber opened.  The bike was more at home on the track than I was, but still a fun day, even getting passed by Reg while he was two up.  I do miss my Greenie...

Collection angle.JPG

The red "thing" in the garage is so blurry, but looks Italian. Alfetta?

16 minutes ago, docc said:

The red "thing" in the garage is so blurry, but looks Italian. Alfetta?

Very close, the V6 version of the Alfetta, '86 GTV6 with almost a quarter million miles....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, HRC_V4 said:

Very close, the V6 version of the Alfetta, '86 GTV6 with almost a quarter million miles....

Da'gum unreliable Italian crap . . .  ;)

IMG_7566.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, HRC_V4 said:

the V6 version of the Alfetta, '86 GTV6

That was my dream car as a young driver… I had a ‘74 Alphasud, the poor man Alpha Romeo. 
Great fun to drive but I it literally just rusted away. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

That was my dream car as a young driver… I had a ‘74 Alphasud, the poor man Alpha Romeo. 
Great fun to drive but I it literally just rusted away. 

It was mine too, I bought this one in '95 from Spruell in Atlanta with 120k miles, it was my daily driver for a number of years, I would work late just to let traffic clear out so I could enjoy the commute home.  The Alfasud was a cool car with the flat four, but they were known to rust, sometimes before they left the dealer....:unsure:

• Like 1