Trouble in paradise

Guest russ

We all love (mostly) our LeMans and V11's but let's face it, they are not trouble free.

:(

I was trying to get this group of skilled and knowlegdgeable people to help me come up with an emergency kit that I can carry that will address the fairly common issues on the road in the limited space for storage on a V11 or LeMans.

I was stranded (luckily at a friends house) yesterday after 460 miles on the odo. It was a fuel injection problem and my thought was after a night of wondering; what would I have done if I needed to try and get it running. My solution is to try and get a roadside emergency kit together, so I am asking for input.

:huh::bier::sun:

a membership of a world assistance insurance, sorry i can't help it. A beautiful bike but it still has it's ups' and downs' (i have a 50% chance that the fuel pump will work... or not!). Each time that i drive to my dealer to try out the non-active fuel pump it works...

To answer your question : plugs, relay's, something to fix a leak tire, a lot of patient.

Guest JohnInNH

It makes me sad so many of the new Le Mans owners who have joined our ranks have had failures in the first few days of ownership.

Like chips they need to be burned in. Maybe people agree that the Guzzi will most probably have problems in the beginning. Then once the kinks are worked out they generally are reliable. (knocking on wood)

I bring a -->Cell Phone<---, and just hope if I break down I'm within cell range.

AAA or some such. I also own a trailer. ;)

A credit Card is also a good idea.

I carry spare relays, fuses, about twice as many tools as the bike came with. I also carry a tire plugging kit, a CO2 inflator and 5 CO2 cartridges.

My bike has had some bugs, but has always run well and never left me walking. I did use one of my spare relays to repair a broken Cali 1100 at the MD Rally this last April. :D So the parts can come in handy!

I plan to get a cell phone soon. I'm tired of never being able to find pay phones when I'm out on the road.

The bike DOES get better as the miles pile up. At 9.2K miles, it is better than ever. It ran well when new, now it just howls! :sun:

Carry a small Rat Shack mini-multimeter; that helps a lot when trying to track down gremlins whilst on the road. Toss out the toolkit that came with the bike, and replace with a decent set. There's always the compulsion to bring too many tools when on the road. Keep it simple- a few allen wrenches, screwdriver, a 10,11,12,17,19 mm set of wrenches. Pliars...or 'plars' depending on where you're from. Replace the oil filler cap with one that you can loosen by hand. Extra fuses, a visa card (it's everywhere you want to be, TM) and you're set.

Cheers,

Jason

I have 11,000 KM on my Tenni with no problems other than an oil leak on the timing chain cover.

I don't want to appear to be gloating at other's misfortunes. I just hope to relay that there are some trouble free Guzzis out there.