Another Low mileage Greenie on Cycletrader

Joe

I see a handful of little things on that to raise an eyebrow.  Starting with: the seller is not the owner, but a dealer that thinks it has a 5 speed gearbox. So: no actual knowledge of what it is. Or maybe even where it has been.

A few notables: Significant abrasion on the tail faring (image 18) in an odd topside edge.  Silver hand levers instead of the original bronze. Unpainted (red) lettering on the valve covers with replacement gaskets. Unpainted oil cooler brackets.  Wrinkled right header pipe joining the crossover:

627ddcf20d121f42230b57ca.jpg

Clean? Somewhat . . . "Super clean?" Not really.

Worth it?  That, my friend, is the $6500 question!

I also suspect gearbox oil leak (cracked box?) looking at the exhaust colour where the exhaust passes under the box..

Look at the 2004 model with 8000miles @ 4300$.....a much better deal IMHO

• Like 1

Doc, I agree with every detail of your assessment of the Greenie. At this point they don’t make them, our current US inflation hit dollar is crap when buying  used cars and most Motorsports purchases, even from just a couple years ago. I recently bought a super clean Rosso, then still had to sort it out, w debris build up in all of the hydraulic lines, replace a blown up rear brake caliper, lastly a faulty stop/run switch. The cosmetic’s of the Rosso weren’t up to my standards of “super clean”, but I invested the time & energy to make it right. BTW, the Rosso will never be sold again, never letting this one go like I did my Silver red frame. The US market on most these V11 sports is around 6k give or take, so that Greenie isn’t way off, maybe should be 5-5.5k upon closer inspection. IF you wanted a Greenie, (personally I do, but my wife would kill me if I brought another bike home right now), then it’s an opportunity to buy & own a cool bike. :sun:

• Like 1

The later V11s do not have that compact, "integrated" appearance of the early bikes with quarter fairings. However, Aprilia cash appears to have sorted many of the pesky details of the earlier bikes. The steering might be just a bit slower, but stability cannot be faulted.  My '04 is but one example, but the electrics are well sorted and the bike has been trouble free - excepting some air in the clutch line. The trans mount is a "good thing" and there is little of the "kit bike" aura surrounding the small bits and electrics. The speedo should be electric instead of the grotesquely "bent" cable drive that is sure to fail - but it must have at least some personality quirks, right? As time went on with the V11, less 'owner involvement' was absolutely required, although some certainly remained. The late bikes are slightly more wife than mistress, shall we say. Although mistresses rarely need a diet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's noteworthy that these bikes have gained some classic status but still have modern performance.  This one is just about due for some reliability mods.  So the question, a low mileage bike needing some upgrades or reliable higher mileage bike that's been maintained ?

• Like 1