PO wiring. Don't ya love it!

BrianG

I'd rather sort out a bad transmission than a wiring harness that the PO "fixed" !

Can anyone help me out with this PO mod under the seat.

There's a red wire coming from the OEM harness that the PO inline fused to a red/green pair from the OEM harness. This pair is one red with green trace and one red with green trace.

Also, there appears to be one open spot in the fuse box. Might these be related?

• Like 1

Do you have your manual with the wiring diagram in the back of the book ? Take it to an office store amd have it enlarged .

1 hour ago, BrianG said:

I'd rather sort out a bad transmission than a wiring harness that the PO "fixed" !

Can anyone help me out with this PO mod under the seat.

There's a red wire coming from the OEM harness that the PO inline fused to a red/green pair from the OEM harness. This pair is one red with green trace and one red with green trace.

Also, there appears to be one open spot in the fuse box. Might these be related?

If your missing fuse is #3 from the front (the sketchy 30 amp "charging/regulator" fuse), the PO probably found it melted, charred, burned, or otherwise compromised (but not "blown") and connected the red/green charging wire from the regulator directly to the red wire connected directly to the positive battery terminal.

If the connection is of good quality, that may not be a totally bad thing.

gallery_328_223_826083.jpeg