2003 LeMans come-back

cory464

well, 

I'm new here so I will introduce myself. I've been active in sport bikes for years, and have owned at least one of every japanese crotch rocket, and a few ducatis, but never a guzzi. i currrently have 6 bikes in the garage, and was scrolling through sale adds late and night and discovered this guy on a copart auction. as i am a complete and utter moron, i didn't read the terms and conditions. my "winning" bid of $650, turned into $1800 after auction fees, broker fees, and doc fees. the true kick in the gut came when the broker hit me with a $2200 shipping charge, making my $650 bike a $4121 purchase. of course this was all spelled out in the fine print, that i didn't read. i'm trying to make the best of it, as i am truly excited about the bike

https://carsfromwest.com/en/lot/copart-42837292

• Like 5

22 hours ago, cory464 said:

well, 

I'm new here so I will introduce myself. I've been active in sport bikes for years, and have owned at least one of every japanese crotch rocket, and a few ducatis, but never a guzzi. i currrently have 6 bikes in the garage, and was scrolling through sale adds late and night and discovered this guy on a copart auction. as i am a complete and utter moron, i didn't read the terms and conditions. my "winning" bid of $650, turned into $1800 after auction fees, broker fees, and doc fees. the true kick in the gut came when the broker hit me with a $2200 shipping charge, making my $650 bike a $4121 purchase. of course this was all spelled out in the fine print, that i didn't read. i'm trying to make the best of it, as i am truly excited about the bike

https://carsfromwest.com/en/lot/copart-42837292

Hey, okay . . . thanks for the intro. :thumbsup:  You could not be in a better place to sort out that needy LeMans. :mg:

You can count on us to throw in. (We cain't he'p ourselves . . . :nerd:   :luigi:   :sun:  :drink:  )

ae3eaf88115a445a99a26e87cc980e2a_hrs.jpg

I think this LeMans deserves a thread of its own.

I can split these posts off and start one for you, @cory464 . . .  :sun:

[edit: done]

• Like 2

21 hours ago, docc said:

Hey, okay . . . thanks for the intro. :thumbsup:  You could not be in a better place to sort out that needy LeMans. :mg:

You can count on us to throw in. (We cain't he'p ourselves . . . :nerd:   :luigi:   :sun:  :drink:  )

ae3eaf88115a445a99a26e87cc980e2a_hrs.jpg

I think this LeMans deserves a thread of its own.

I can split these posts off and start one for you, @cory464 . . .  :sun:

thank you very much, I'm getting past the financial hit and taking it as a steep learning curve about buying bikes online. in reality I am very excited about this bike. I have rescued numerous sport bikes, so the condition doesn't scare me. what really impresses me about guzzi ownership is the owners. So far the people I have met are very passionate about their bikes. I don't think there is any other brand with so many one owner bikes. Fortunately for me i have two fantastic guzzi dealers within a few hundred miles of me. i will post up more pictures and details when i get the bike home. thanks!!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Sorry to see but that bike looks really sick if not dead. Good luck, you’ll need it.

You should have seen mine when I got it.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:28 PM, gstallons said:

$2200 shipping ? Yeow !

It does not make sense to charge that much. It feels like this dealership in Florida that charges $600 for... documentation....

4 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

You should have seen mine when I got it.

Those 22 hundreds would have been nice to have to replace a few of the missing features though... but its a Guzzi, so it got good bones, all the rest seems to be cosmetics.

• Like 2

Looks like the hard part is going to be getting that silly auction sticker off the tank!  Good luck with the resto:luigi: 

Paul B:bier:

• 2 months later...

I know it's too late now but I've had good luck with uShip for transporting things.

• 6 months later...