Techlusion TFI / ecu quick question.

arveno

Good day everyone.

after following the decent tune up instructions found here my 2002 Le Mans still runs like crap .

way too rich the plugs are black.

the distinguished previous owner installed this Techlusion TFI thing ….which no matter what I do It makes the bike runs too rich.

if I just remove it ?

Is the 02 ECU ( believe is the 15M) good  enough, right?

I don’t really like PC bla bla bla… I am not a computer guy and the 02 throttle body efi seems so simple I don’t want to mess with it.

i thought the bone stock factory ecu should be good enough…. Am I correct?

Let me know what do you think 

thank you 

marco 

• Like 1

Try it w/o that TFI addition , install new plugs , check the oil for dilution and ride it for an afternoon to make sure you feel an improvement . 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:31 AM, paulnaz said:

Yank that sucker:D !!   If you haven't already, I'd pull the dipstick and see if it smells of the gas from overfueling.:2c:

Paul B:bier:

Bingo !!!!!

the oil smelled like there was gas in it .

dropped the pan and replaced filter and oil and of course new spark plugs.

taken the piece of …… ( tuner) off my bike .

started the bike and she runs beautifully.

ad to do a few adjustments but now it’s another animal compared to what it was before.

I still don’t understand why someone would add a piace of crap “ tuner” to a bike that runs good from the factory.

oh well…. 
as soon as it cools down a bit I am gonna check the plugs .

thank you all 

ciao

• Like 1

(Sigh.) While it is quite possible to improve the fuelling above and beyond the factory mapping adding any of these *Magical* widgets is an utter waste of time and money. The 15M and 15M RC ECU's have been an open book for well over a decade and modifying the maps is a far more accurate and useful way of going about things than adding some shitty little resistor to deliberately screw up sensor inputs.

Just say no to hocus-pocus! You know it makes sense!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, pete roper said:

(Sigh.) While it is quite possible to improve the fuelling above and beyond the factory mapping adding any of these *Magical* widgets is an utter waste of time and money. The 15M and 15M RC ECU's have been an open book for well over a decade and modifying the maps is a far more accurate and useful way of going about things than adding some shitty little resistor to deliberately screw up sensor inputs.

Just say no to hocus-pocus! You know it makes sense!

I know it is possible to improve the stock mapping and that might be the next step. 
as of now I am glad I went from a crappy unrideable bike to a very smiling riding bike .

• Like 4