European Parliament signed the end of the thermal engine to 2035

I'll be long dead before the Brave New World is fully instituted. In fact, I might be dead before it is partially instituted. History will reveal that the ruling elite dd not care nearly as much about saving the earth as it did about securing absolute power and their own wealth.

Broken human nature. Understanding it is the key.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Won't happen.  They say they will but it won't happen.. Just like Germany when they were flossing renewable energy as they were quietly bringing in a natural gas line from Russia (which has been exposed already).

They'll bring in a lot of these electric vehicles but in truth running off of electricity made by fossil fuels.. 

• Like 4
On 6/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, Rox Lemans said:

Won't happen.  They say they will but it won't happen..

We have to try.

More fires, hurricanes, droughts and floods anyone? My Australian cousins know about that.

The Nordic and Scandinavian countries are showing the way.

• Like 1

I've never heard so much whining over the threat of progress regarding clean, efficient and fast transportation

Gees I haven't seen a Pinto, Duster, Olds Diesel, K-car, or Chevette on the streets in 20 years.    Who says they really miss them?  But if you want keep one of these marvelous contraptions in your garage 40 years from now, I don't think anyone would stop you.  

• Like 2
On 6/12/2022 at 1:23 AM, Twin AH said:

Its good to know that some are reading between the lines...............  :thumbsup:

Yeah, and it is hysterical what some people can read by "reading between the lines".

Coal is less and less of the US energy market, it has been in decline for years. That said, the electricity that powers our electric car is almost entirely solar.

I don't have children, and probably won't be alive when the shit hits the fan. So I don't really have a dog in the fight. But it seems like a shitty thing to do to leave a huge pile of burning doo doo for people who come after me. Others clearly don't care what the next generations are left with, as long as they get theirs. Ironically, many of those people have children.....

Whatever.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

The world already judges Alex Epstein. He makes absurd claims to make money.  

Never heard of the guy before... so took a look at his bio on wikipedia. Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Computer Science, and heavily influenced by Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.  I'd rate the credibility of the previously cited NASA report considerably higher than Alex Epstein. 

That said - there is a place for the use of fossil fuels in the world. Also, enough sunlight hits the earth to power everything we currently use. I do hope we figure out how to capture and use that energy more efficiently soon. Otherwise we will see a nightmare of supply chain issues and disputes over the rare-earth elements needed to make batteries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was riding my Quota in Ohio Amish country a few weeks ago, it seems the Amish ladies have embraced electric bicycles, so you know that this is the future because the Amish are trend setters!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

That said - there is a place for the use of fossil fuels in the world. Also, enough sunlight hits the earth to power everything we currently use. I do hope we figure out how to capture and use that energy more efficiently soon.

I said I wasn't going to say anything else.. but ..

This.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, LowRyter said:

I've never heard so much whining over the threat of progress regarding clean, efficient and fast transportation

Gees I haven't seen a Pinto, Duster, Olds Diesel, K-car, or Chevette on the streets in 20 years.    Who says they really miss them?  But if you want keep one of these marvelous contraptions in your garage 40 years from now, I don't think anyone would stop you.  

I would keep a Hemi Cuda 😎🏁

5D48736D-DA19-4FE0-AB97-AE5BD2AFD292.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1